Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-20-2017, 11:16 PM   #2266
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
i think i edit the info when u was posting :-D
btw
is a pw3 G090 G1 (now with firmware 5.7.4)
i used the pw3 factory firmware update_PW3_5.7.4_initial.bin
That's the same version I am on, and I have probably done it 15 times now, so it shoudl work.

Open a command prompt, and run this command to make sure you have the same file as me:

Code:
D:\kndle-jb\consolidated\step5 - installHTML hack\jb-factory-1.1>certutil -hashfile main-htmlviewer.tar.gz
The output should be
Code:
SHA1 hash of file main-htmlviewer.tar.gz:
7da34409924a040f22d977d9d8cc1b56d50244cc
CertUtil: -hashfile command completed successfully.
Make sure the file is named exactly that.

Make sure you used a capitol 'H' and a semi-colon ';' in ';installHtml'.

It should be safe to run this command again.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:19 PM   #2267
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowantong View Post
Thanks for your teaching.

I know my device's serial number not in the table, I just want to try.

I don't know how to re-package the 'hotfix' update_*.bin. Anybody can teach me?

Thanks again.
Looks like I edited about the same time you posted this update. My post right above yours has how to re-package it, and i uploaded a copy.

Since I don't have an Oasis, I have no way to test it though.
Advert
Old 07-20-2017, 11:23 PM   #2268
Trigun
Connoisseur
Trigun began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw3
Hash SHA1 del file main-htmlviewer.tar.gz:
CertUtil: - Esecuzione comando hashfile riuscita.

tried a lot of times always the same result
page "refresh" (didn't change the page on the result page)
no reboot, no file in document
Trigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:32 PM   #2269
Trigun
Connoisseur

i made a small video https://youtu.be/iVl7RE0qqIo

ehm ... the video is interrupted in the wrong part...

Last edited by Trigun; 07-20-2017 at 11:38 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:34 PM   #2270
coplate
Guru

Quote:
Hash SHA1 del file main-htmlviewer.tar.gz:
CertUtil: - Esecuzione comando hashfile riuscita.

tried a lot of times always the same result
page "refresh" (didn't change the page on the result page)
no reboot, no file in document
That's definitly the right file.

Which search box did you type it in; the home screen; the settings menu; in a book?

Just to check.

I have been re-setting mine, and I just did it. I also have G090G1

Make sure you do it from the main home page is the only thing I can think of right now, and everything is spelled correctly.

There are almost certainly more ways to install the jailbreak itself on 5.7.4, I can try to find some more this weekend.

For now, make sure you keep that update.bin.tmp.partial folder, and maybe someone else has an idea.

is that file still on the kindle folder, plug it in and list the files for us, just so we can check it is spelled right on the kindle?

Edit: I just saw your video, but can you triple check that you are on 5.7.4

I wonder if this only works in english language setting, I have no idea.

I set my device to german, and went to the same screen you looked like you were on "scaricati"/"downloaded'.

It worked for me again.

Last edited by coplate; 07-20-2017 at 11:41 PM.
Advert
Old 07-20-2017, 11:45 PM   #2271
coplate
Guru

Quote:
i made a small video https://youtu.be/iVl7RE0qqIo

ehm ... the video is interrupted in the wrong part...

well, just triple check you really are on 5.7.4, and then try these two things.

1. In the search box type ';dm', that's for dump messages. and should make 4 files available when you plug back in.

If that doesnt work, then

2. Reboot the kindle? maybe the thing that runs these commands got locked up?
Old 07-20-2017, 11:46 PM   #2272
Trigun
Connoisseur

i tried to do a factory reset and change the language
btw is a 5.7.4 2929620018
same result

;dm same result (no files)
Old 07-20-2017, 11:52 PM   #2273
coplate
Guru

Quote:
i tried to do a factory reset and change the language
btw is a 5.7.4 2929620018
same result

;dm same result (no files)
OK, if ;dm isnt working, none of the commands are going to work.

Here is what I would try, if you have the time, this is my general way to reset my kindle, and how I remove jailbreak.

G090G1 is the standard (US ) PW3 model.

I would upgrade to 5.8.1. ( https://s3.amazonaws.com/G7G_Firmwar...hite_5.8.1.bin)

Then start over at number 1 in the instructions.
1. confirm model ( G090G1 )
2. do a settings->reset
3. download factory image ( you already have it )
4. Downgrade again.

Then you can try the ';dm' first, and if it works, do the ';installHtml'

I think the G090G1 are all the same hardware, there were some reports of non-us kindles having issues with certain software updates, but not this issue.

Think about this, and probably give it some time for someone else to comment on if they have ever had this issue.

Last edited by coplate; 07-20-2017 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:52 PM   #2274
Trigun
Connoisseur

rebooted still no works
oh no i'm just dumb :-P
dm works :-P (was looking on the root instead of document folder)
u need the files?
Old 07-20-2017, 11:59 PM   #2275
coplate
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowantong View Post
Thanks for your teaching.

I know my device's serial number not in the table, I just want to try.

I don't know how to re-package the 'hotfix' update_*.bin. Anybody can teach me?

Thanks again.
Hi, the one I posted does not appear to work - I re-did it after running similar commands for my PW3, go re-download it if yo uhad already.

Last edited by coplate; 07-21-2017 at 12:07 AM.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:11 AM   #2276
coplate
Guru

Quote:
rebooted still no works
oh no i'm just dumb :-P
dm works :-P (was looking on the root instead of document folder)
u need the files?
At this point for whatever reason, it looks like your debug commands have lost the ability to do this.

I'm out of ideas, so I would recommend you try to re-install 5.7.4, and get them back.
Or wait till tomorrow and see if anyone has other recommendation.

You can try to look through those log files and see if the installHtml command shows up with any errors.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:22 AM   #2277
Trigun
Connoisseur

i upgraded,reset and now i'm waiting for the downgrade process... when it ends i'll try again :-)

edit now it worked.... life mystery :-)

Last edited by Trigun; 07-21-2017 at 12:39 AM.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:04 AM   #2278
challenges90
challenges90 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Do nothing at all.
I have someone who volunteered to see if they can make a special 'hotfix' package for your use.

?? "update_*.bin" include offical firmware ??
What do you mean by that?

That same filename format is used by both Amazon and by ourselves because we use the same updater provide with the Kindle.
(Which is why the filename forms are the same.)

Both contain "official firmware" -
The ones from Amazon, what Amazon considers "official".
The ones from Mobileread, what Mobileread considers "official".
Both sources of those packages sign the packages with an RSA key.
Amazon uses their key, we use our key.

Now just what is it that you are trying to ask?
My bad. It means Amazon‘s factory firmware. I thought that if the S/N isn't in the table, factory images can't be flashed to that model. But Lowantong just can't update the hotfix. So maybe I misunderstood. It only affects Mobileread's packages. All files in update_*.bin format need to be re-packaged before flashing to unknown models. Am I right this time?
challenges90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:33 AM   #2279
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by challenges90 View Post
I thought that if the S/N isn't in the table, factory images can't be flashed to that model. So maybe I misunderstood. It only affects Mobileread's packages.

Quote:
The factory images **are not** model locked, your care taken with this step is your Kindle's only protection!
If not found in the table, STOP HERE and tell us.
Meaning any image, OTHER THAN factory images, IS model locked.
Quote:
But Lowantong just can't update the hotfix.
Lowantong is not the one doing the work.
Quote:
All files in update_*.bin format need to be re-packaged before flashing to unknown models.
Am I right this time?

https://ell.stackexchange.com/questi...-not-supported
Second answer.

I sometimes think that people get up in the middle of the night just to screw with me.

Last edited by knc1; 07-21-2017 at 08:40 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:33 AM   #2280
challenges90
challenges90 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Sorry, my English is poor...
Quote:
But Lowantong just can't update the hotfix.
I mean Lowantong can't flash the hotfix.
And I get confused about model lock again. When a device(not in that table) downgraded to its factory firmware, can I update a firmware that older than what is shipped with but newer than the factory one? If the answer is no, I understand the lock clearly. If yes, why not packaging images like Amazon? Just don't care about S/N, same device, same signed firmware.
challenges90 is offline   Reply With Quote