Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Author Psuedonyms

Does anyone have a 'neat' way of associating author names

eg Jonathan Swift and Isaac Bickerstaff are the same dude. So if I look at Bickerstaff's books I should be able to see Swift's books

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
A custom column titled Alias or AKA should work well. Or include both names in the author field (what I do) with the first author name the one publicly associated with the book.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2013, 12:22 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
A custom column titled Alias or AKA should work well. Or include both names in the author field (what I do) with the first author name the one publicly associated with the book.
But that is 'So Flat file' (and what I resorted to)

Pseudonyms really needs to be 1 to many Off of the Authors Table, but then you need to master-lock the parent (Real name) until all the children names depart

I sure wish there were Lookup tables that could be downloaded separately and grafted onto Calibre: pseudonyms/variants, Publisher Imprints (to map/correct/x-ref all those variations that show up)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:30 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I agree with theducks sentiments

Making Swift & Bickerstaff as co-authors of everything they wrote sort of works - see attachment - but it relies on me remembering to put in both names and me remembering they are pseudonyms and not co authors

If say Mahmoud Abbas publishes a paper with Ahmed Qurei then I could have Mahmoud Abbas, Ahmed Qurei, Abu Mazen & Abu Alaa as co-authors. The 'Abu's are Abbas' and Qurei's kunya names.

I'm always been surprised that Calibre doesn't have a 'richer' Author table that includes pseudonyms. Its co author system works fine - book is stored under first author but shows up within each author tag, which is important to me as most of the 'books' I deal with have multiple authors.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	102745  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote