Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-07-2020, 01:40 PM   #1
MyKee
MyKee began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2
CC grouping is not working

Hey, I just started using CC on my iPad Air 2 a couple of days ago. I have 300+ books in Calibre and 200+ in my CC, and all of a sudden the grouping in CC is not working. It shows only a handful of Tags, Authors etc than there is.

I removed all books from CC, and then I uploaded them back again. Grouping worked until I paired CC with Calibre to add/remove a few books and then grouping shrunk again.

Does anyone know what is causing this trouble?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2FDF8DF7-29BE-425C-B207-99BEB69EAFE3.jpeg
Views:	164
Size:	666.0 KB
ID:	176231  
MyKee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 02:38 PM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
CC is pretty much broken. Read the top two Stickied threads in this forum for the details.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2020, 03:01 PM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Grouping works on android, which the new developer has not yet messed with, but he messed with and broke ios.
Read the stickies, as previously recommended
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:18 PM   #4
MyKee
MyKee began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2
Thanks, I just read it. Hopefully, it's going to be fixed as promised.
MyKee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:57 PM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I suggest you read the whole sorry history of what this developer has done, and intends to do , and adjust your expectations downwards
Advert
Old 01-07-2020, 04:01 PM   #6
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Unfortunately, if the updates are released under a monthly subscription plan, as has been mentioned, I'll have no opportunity to see if the app has been fixed.

It was a helpful app when it worked correctly, but not important enough to pay every month for.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 01:35 AM   #7
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Unfortunately, if the updates are released under a monthly subscription plan, as has been mentioned, I'll have no opportunity to see if the app has been fixed.

It was a helpful app when it worked correctly, but not important enough to pay every month for.
i see the so called "developer" re appeared briefly - ignored all the bugs/ requests for help threads, and added another " nearly finished" brag to one of the stickies.

unfortunately, that's all he does now & I doubt he will post again until Feb 2020.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:13 AM   #8
jim.g
jim.g began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
i see the so called "developer" re appeared briefly - ignored all the bugs/ requests for help threads, and added another " nearly finished" brag to one of the stickies.

unfortunately, that's all he does now & I doubt he will post again until Feb 2020.
Warning: Rant Ahead.

Stumped, I really appreciate you and other knowledgable legacy users continuing to monitor and offer assistance here in the forum. I get too angry, no livid really, and have to constrain myself otherwise I know I will say ugly things that I will later regret. But unfortunately, I couldn't control myself today, so here goes.

I just returned from looking at the latest reviews/ratings in the app store as I was curious why anyone would still be installing this pos at this point, and was shocked to see several 4 and 5 star reviews. They've got to be fakes don't they, or maybe it's because the new user hasn't yet had one of the numerous bugs kick in? I did notice that ye old narcissistic clueless one is offering some disgruntled reviewers the prized opportunity to be a beta tester for whatever the new pos is that he's cooking up. Wow, talk about an offer one shouldn't refuse. Oh pretty please, may I get an invite?

And yes, I saw his post in the sticky. I mean, what gall. September 17, 2019...the day that will live in infamy in the annals of all time greatest fails. So here we are, a few days shy of 4 months on, with no fix, and a fool who thinks the smart thing to do is tease us with beta testing and whatever that was he posted (I couldn't bring myself to look...too afraid I might hurl my MacBook out the window in disgust).

I've been tempted to contact Apple myself to try to find out what other possibilities exist for somehow getting v1.3.2 back into the app store for legacy users to be able to downgrade to. I’m well aware of what you know who has said about this not being possible. But I find it almost impossible to believe that if Apple was made fully aware of what has transpired here, that they wouldn't make some kind of accommodation to allow the old version to be put back up. I also think Apple should be made of the facts and circumstances of what was done here regardless so that any necessary and appropriate steps could be taken by them. What happened here was just wrong, egregiously so.

My guess is that our buddy never pushed hard enough and/or saw it was going to require some additional coding/knowledge he didn't possess (not to mention, obviously, money), and he decided he wasn't going down that route. Better to batten down the hatches, full steam ahead, stiff upper lip, and all that jazz. Plus that was the quickest path to get what he wants…the ability to start charging a monthly subscription fee.

Well, that was the most calm, civil, least profane I believe I’m able to express myself at the moment, and under these circumstances. As always, I will feel better for a little while now that I’ve gotten that poison out of my system.

I wish you a good day.
jim.g is offline   Reply With Quote