Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 07:37 PM   #946
John Bee
John Bee shares his or her toysJohn Bee shares his or her toysJohn Bee shares his or her toysJohn Bee shares his or her toysJohn Bee shares his or her toysJohn Bee shares his or her toysJohn Bee shares his or her toysJohn Bee shares his or her toysJohn Bee shares his or her toysJohn Bee shares his or her toysJohn Bee shares his or her toys

Device: Coby Kyros, Kobo Glo
Hi Davidfor

Could you also send me a link to the Kobo WiFi N647B image.
Thank you
Old 11-19-2019, 01:38 AM   #947
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:57 PM   #948
Bullfrog41
Bullfrog41 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647
Hi Davidfor

Could you also send me a link to the Kobo N647 image.

The serial number on the case ends with N647 and the reader has wifi.

Grateful for you help.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:53 PM   #949
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:21 PM   #950
msdowdleuk
msdowdleuk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 647
Hi there.

I have just inherited a Kobo N647 which has never been switched on. I am not able to read books on it that i transfer from Calibre.

It seems I need an SD Image? I am not hugely tech savvy so any instructions to go with this would be great.

Many thanks in advance.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:37 PM   #951
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdowdleuk View Post
I have just inherited a Kobo N647 which has never been switched on. I am not able to read books on it that i transfer from Calibre.

It seems I need an SD Image? I am not hugely tech savvy so any instructions to go with this would be great.
Never turned on? I'm surprised it is turning on now as I'd expect the battery to be completely dead.

I assume now that it is starting, you are sideloading books but the library on the device is empty. That is a symptom of a problem with the last firmware update of these devices. The only known fix is to restore an image to the internal SD card. I have sent a PM with the link. For instructions on how to use it, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. It is for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools needed are the same.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:13 PM   #952
Alexasd
Alexasd began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
Kobo wifi n647

My kobo isn't seeing books anymore does would it be possible to get the sd image please?

Thanks
Old 12-11-2019, 02:25 AM   #953
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:50 PM   #954
darthc
darthc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
Can you send me as well, as I updated uncle's old Kobo N647 and it's stuck. Thanks.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:11 PM   #955
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:03 PM   #956
Andrew Billo
Andrew Billo began at the beginning.

Device: N647
Thankyou Davidfor for old kobo 647 image

This worked like a charm. Went smoother than I expected. As usual, it takes a bit of pecking through the forum to find all the info needed but the kobo GLO instructions worked well with minor modification. 16Gb card was accepted with no problem so far.
I cant figure out why my booklist was emptied though because everything else (menu, system) worked normally, just no books or access to the store. Maybe the old SD card itself. I only had about 8 purchased books so no big loss.

thanks again
Old 01-03-2020, 07:02 PM   #957
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Billo View Post
This worked like a charm. Went smoother than I expected. As usual, it takes a bit of pecking through the forum to find all the info needed but the kobo GLO instructions worked well with minor modification. 16Gb card was accepted with no problem so far.
I cant figure out why my booklist was emptied though because everything else (menu, system) worked normally, just no books or access to the store. Maybe the old SD card itself. I only had about 8 purchased books so no big loss.
Showing no books is problem with the last firmware released for these devices. It is fairly common and the only fix seems to be using the image. I don't know if it will happen again.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:30 PM   #958
acheide
acheide began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO ereader generation 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM Sent.
I know this is an old post, but could you also send me the Kobo wifi n647b factory disk image?

Thanks
Old 01-09-2020, 08:24 PM   #959
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:26 AM   #960
acheide
acheide began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO ereader generation 1
Thank you.
Closed Thread

Tags
image, kobo, kobo wifi, sd card, wifi