Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 10-01-2019, 10:11 AM   #1
BellaMc
BellaMc began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air & iMac 5k
Marvin OPDS auto or calibre server problem

Been using Marvin with Calibre on Windows PC & Laptop & Marvin on iPad for several months, problem free, till now. I had to delete it from iPad then reinstall the App but now it won't link to Calibre via OPDS as before. Now it asks for a user name and password, which I've never used and don't have?! Therefore it won't download any books from Calibre to Marvin. I got a new iMac last week, and encountered problems which caused me to have to MANUALLY transfer all Calibre books to Marvin. Which was a real time consuming pain. Now this with the user name/password requirement on iPad? Can you help please? Thanks.
BellaMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:54 AM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
It is likely that the OPDS server in Marvin was not setup properly after you reinstalled it.

Your Calibre OPDS server has been setup to require a username/password for anyone logging in (as it should). You need to go into the Calibre settings under "Preferences/Sharing over the net/User accounts" and make sure you have the username/password set as you like. Then setup Marvin's OPDS with the proper address/username/password and your good to go!

You can edit an existing Marvin OPDS setup by swiping and selecting the edit icon (not the trash can) rather than creating a new one.

Cheers,
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:03 AM   #3
BellaMc
BellaMc began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air & iMac 5k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
It is likely that the OPDS server in Marvin was not setup properly after you reinstalled it.

Your Calibre OPDS server has been setup to require a username/password for anyone logging in (as it should). You need to go into the Calibre settings under "Preferences/Sharing over the net/User accounts" and make sure you have the username/password set as you like. Then setup Marvin's OPDS with the proper address/username/password and your good to go!

You can edit an existing Marvin OPDS setup by swiping and selecting the edit icon (not the trash can) rather than creating a new one.

Cheers,
Thanks for responding. I've just figured it out and it's sorted. I've never used p/w or user name but I'll do so; for now just have it without. But while I have your attention, should I be able to have Marvin on iMac (new iMac got it last week)? I looked in Apple Store but couldn't see Marvin 3 to download. Can you advise please? Thought with it being an Apple device Marvin would be in it's App store, but if it is, I can't find it. Thanks.
BellaMc is offline   Reply With Quote