Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 06-17-2019, 08:22 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Reorganizing books on the fly on iRiver Story HD?

A lot of times, after reading a short story or an article, I'd like some way to indicate that I've read it, and would like to either log the original in Calibre or delete it from Calibre.

Ideally, I'd also like some way to group the books I'm planning to read now, the books relevant to each project, and the above, so it's a bit easier to reach them.

On the Kindle, I can use collections for that. Some created in Calibre, so created on the fly.

On the iRiver, I don't see any comparable options.

Is there something I've missed?

Thanks!
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:09 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
well... not really?

with the iriver you should be using the external sd card slot for books.

books in the internal memory might brick the device (iriver goes into a boot loop and that was it)

iriver has problems with books that have too long filenames or special characters. happens on the ext. card as well but you can take it out and the device survives. zero chance of recovery with a bad book in the internal memory...

with the SD card, you can use PC to reorganize files. on the iriver itself, you can set it to browse books by folder instead of the author title database. so it's all up to choosing a folder structure that fits your needs.

I don't think there was anything else. But although I still have two functional storyHDs in the house, I pretty much only use the Kobo nowadays. so my memory could also be playing tricks on me

good luck
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 09:53 PM   #3
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Thanks.

I think I can use collections view and move books to cut or to log in favorites. I would still prefer a clear distinction between those groups.

I store books on the SD card, but I still have to plug the Story Hd into my computer to change anything on SD card. I would also lose any bookmarks if I remove and re-insert the SD card.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
file organization, iriver story, iriver story hd, story hd