Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 09:52 AM   #76
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Patricia will be missed. She was a very special person.

I just want to give my condolences to her family and close friends. Mr will not be the same.
Nothing more to say.
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:52 AM   #77
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Thriugh blurry eyes I write this. The only words I can think appropriate are those in the essay The Death of Jean by Mark Twain in his 1959 biography.

Adios and Happy Trails, till we meet again...

(She's always be the Mycroft for Red, as long as I write Reds.)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 10:02 AM   #78
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I am very sad to hear this.

She did everyone here a great service with the number and quality of the ebook uploads she made. And, perhaps more importantly, she made Mobileread a kinder and more pleasant forum by her unfailingly helpful and polite posts, to newcomers and old-hands.

She will be greatly missed.

Last edited by pdurrant; 09-06-2010 at 12:43 PM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:03 AM   #79
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I like to think that Dame Patricia has finally joined the great minds and Souls she's admired throughout all her life. She will be accepted as peer, the powerful Soul she is...

As the marvelous teacher she was, she's asked me to write. I never did anywhere other than through these pages but I will. I will write something for you, Patricia.

There is a bridge being built to join the island where I live to terra firma. It is a small bridge copied from the ones of the Welsh land you tread on. When it is done I will go there and read you my story, it will be finished, inked in tears as these words are now, and I will let the words cross that bridge to you, wherever you are...

I miss you, gentle one.

Last edited by yvanleterrible; 09-06-2010 at 12:59 PM.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #80
hols57
hols57
hols57 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 300packed up -thanks,Sony!) Kindle
I was so very sorry to hear about my fellow Welshwoman, Patricia. I did not know her personally, but I liked her contributions to MR. My condolences to her family. Really a sad day.
hols57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 12:31 PM   #81
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
What tragic news (and I thought yesterday's posts were depressing enough). Thank you for letting us know Zelda. My deepest sympathies for you, and her partner , friends and family.
I only knew her through her posts, but they always carried with them such grace. I am indebted to her for all of the wonderful ebooks that I have because of her and will treasure them all the more. Patricia will be missed by so many, including me.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #82
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
I am very sad, and feel close to all of her friends.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #83
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60

Very sad news to come back from a weekend to. My prayers are with her family.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #84
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
While Patricia is off to a better place, I will certainly miss her very much.

To me she was one of the pillars of the Mobileread community one of the folks that truly made this site a great place to visit. She tirelessly helped new comers as well as converted a great many excellent books here on MR. And always fun just to talk with.

While MR is still a great site, it will not be the same without our friend Patrica.

Rest in Peace Patricia.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:11 PM   #85
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500

[...get a glass of favorite tipple from the virtual bar; walk out in front of the virtual fireplace...]

A Toast!!

Absent friends!

[...quaff; toss glass into fire-place... CRASH!]

She will be missed.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:17 PM   #86
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
This is very sad news and I am feeling very sorry to read this. She will be much missed.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #87
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Galaxy Note 2; KindleFireHDX
I join the sadness at the loss of this ever so nice and helpful person.
Oh, Why Not? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #88
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
I can't think of a finer tribute to someone than knowing she has touched the lives of so many people she never met, and that we are all mourning her loss.

I have sent the link to this thread to Patricia's partner who shared it with her sister and daughter and they are all very moved by all your heartfelt words. i wish i had the eloquence of some of you ; you all seem to speak from my heart so much better than i can right now.

i also asked if there were any charities we might give to, in Patricia's name. after discussing it, Patricia's family has proposed three, the combination of which would best represent Patricia :

Gingerbread (which helps single parents, and which did help Patricia),
http://www.gingerbread.org.uk/portal...portal/Website

the Stroke Association (which helps stroke victims - in a way, this is what Patricia was)
http://www.stroke.org.uk/

and Medical Aid for Palestine.
http://www.map-uk.org/

According to her partner, the tradition in the UK is that cheques are sent to the funeral directors, who would then send donations to those charities. However since we are such an international population, this may not be practical for everyone, so i've included direct links to the charities sites. When i have the information about the funeral director i will add it here, as well.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #89
Witchbaby
Connoisseur
Witchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle2
I am also sorry to hear this sad news. Thank you Zelda.
Witchbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #90
GreyCat
Enthusiast
GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 & Opus, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1
So sad. My condolences to Patricia’s friends and family. I am a habitual lurker on this forum and Patricia was always a kind presence.
GreyCat is offline   Reply With Quote