Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-03-2008, 12:53 AM   #61
lovebeta
Groupie
lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Amazon Kindle, Sony PRS-505
Hadrien, thanks for all the effort you put in for Kindle users.

Is there any issue with your new autogen script? I am having trouble download the latest Kindle guide, even from my desktop computer. However the download of regular ebooks seems to be find on my kindle.
lovebeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:55 AM   #62
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebeta View Post
Hadrien, thanks for all the effort you put in for Kindle users.

Is there any issue with your new autogen script? I am having trouble download the latest Kindle guide, even from my desktop computer. However the download of regular ebooks seems to be find on my kindle.
Yeah I'm aware of this issue. I'll fix it today and add a little bit of text at the beginning of the guide too.

Edit: Should be okay now.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2008, 09:16 AM   #63
_Frank_
_Frank_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Table Of Contents

I've been using the Guide and I think it's fantastic.

However there is one minor suggestion I have. Could the TOC be right justified so that the letters are nearer Kindle's cursor? Currently they are far enough away that I need to guess if I hit the right letter.

Anyway thanks for Guide. I'll never run out of reading material!

Frank
_Frank_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:45 AM   #64
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Frank_ View Post
I've been using the Guide and I think it's fantastic.

However there is one minor suggestion I have. Could the TOC be right justified so that the letters are nearer Kindle's cursor? Currently they are far enough away that I need to guess if I hit the right letter.

Anyway thanks for Guide. I'll never run out of reading material!

Frank
Done. Should be available in the next guide update (24/48H).
Old 02-16-2008, 04:11 PM   #65
Karl_in_Chicago
Karl_in_Chicago began at the beginning.

Hello - just wanted to post and say thank you for such a wonderful resource. I received my Kindle Thursday. After loading the feedbooks guide I am simply amazed at the wealth of reading material available to download. Thank you so much for your efforts on this.
Karl_in_Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2008, 05:45 PM   #66
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_in_Chicago View Post
Hello - just wanted to post and say thank you for such a wonderful resource. I received my Kindle Thursday. After loading the feedbooks guide I am simply amazed at the wealth of reading material available to download. Thank you so much for your efforts on this.
I'm glad that the guide is helpful
Old 02-22-2008, 09:36 AM   #67
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

The TOC is now aligned to the left of the screen. Should be much easier to select something: http://www.feedbooks.com/kindleguide
Old 02-22-2008, 01:11 PM   #68
_Frank_
_Frank_ began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
The TOC is now aligned to the left of the screen. Should be much easier to select something: http://www.feedbooks.com/kindleguide
Yes, it does. Thanks so much!

Frank

Last edited by _Frank_; 02-24-2008 at 02:35 PM.
_Frank_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:37 PM   #69
lovebeta
Groupie
lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Amazon Kindle, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
I'm glad that the guide is helpful
It's very very helpful.
Hadrien, any news on the cover and rss support for mobi formats? I know you'll announce it when it is ready. Just want to let you know ppl do really want it!
lovebeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:23 PM   #70
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebeta View Post
It's very very helpful.
Hadrien, any news on the cover and rss support for mobi formats? I know you'll announce it when it is ready. Just want to let you know ppl do really want it!
Well I've been mostly working on the epub output lately, which is now fully valid and multi-flows. Whenever a handheld device start supporting epub, Feedbooks is ready.

Cover shouldn't be much of a problem, RSS is slightly more difficult...

I can see that a lot of users are already using our guide for the Kindle, the guide is downloaded a few hundred times every day and a lot of our downloads are Mobipocket/Kindle now.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:24 AM   #71
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Juste wondering about something: could anyone be kind enough to make a video tutorial for the guide ?

Showing how to download the guide in the browser, and then use the guide to download a few books ? I'd love to add this on the help page to show how it works (can't do it myself, I'm in France: no EVDO), and I'm pretty sure that it would be interesting for a lot of potential Kindle users too.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:14 PM   #72
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Added recent books and top downloads (previous week) at the beginning of the guide. Should be up later this week.

No answer to my previous post ? :'(
Old 03-08-2008, 07:07 AM   #73
Raineth
Raineth began at the beginning.

Hi Hadrien,

Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your work--the Kindle Download guide is just amazing! Best thing I've downloaded on the Kindle.
Raineth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #74
Laurel
Laurel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Amazon Kindle
The 'Recent Books' and 'Top Downloads' lists are a great help, Hadrien. Thank you for the wonderful service you are providing.
Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:34 PM   #75
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
The 'Recent Books' and 'Top Downloads' lists are a great help, Hadrien. Thank you for the wonderful service you are providing.
Still trying to gradually improve the guide and our Mobipocket output. I've recently added covers on the Mobipocket files and I'm still trying to find the best way to provide personalized recommendations in the guide.

For the moment, personalized recommendations can be accessed through the normal or mobile website.