Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 08-18-2018, 10:58 PM   #1
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur
Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Forma
Boyue Like Book Plus question

I ordered one of these and was wondering if it has adaptive brightness? I can't find much about it online.
Sonofrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 05:22 AM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Yes, of a sort. But it only works in very high light levels. It is called "reflection". It works in a similar way as the brightness of leaves on trees and grass automatically adapt to the brightness of surrounding environment. I find that it works great outdoors during the day.

In dark environments the brightness level has to be manually adjusted.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:17 AM   #3
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur
Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Thanks for the reply! I'm mainly concerned with how it will work in the dark as I read in bed before going to sleep. If I were to leave it on the lowest setting, would it adjust from there in light and then go back to the lowest setting in no light situations?

Also, how is the battery life with WiFi/Bluetooth turned off? Coming from a Kindle Oasis, which could go a couple weeks that way without a charge.

Last edited by Sonofrobot; 08-19-2018 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:10 PM   #4
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, it does not adjust at all.

I have Moon+ Reader Pro setup so I can easily adjust the light level by sliding up/down on the left of the page.

I think I recharge once or twice per week. Depends on the usage. Wifi and bright back light will empty the battery quicker.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:04 AM   #5
airbus02
Enthusiast
airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle pw3
As Adoby points out, it doesn't adjust in dark settings, but I generally leave mine at 4 bars of brightness and rarely, if ever, have to change it.
airbus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:10 AM   #6
jonathanv
jonathanv began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Plus
No automatic frontlight adjustment as Adoby so poetically put it

For me I set it to 1 bar when reading at night without any external light (otherwise I hardly need it) and I even find it too bright in complete darkness (just before sleeping) so I set the Kindle app to white text on black background which makes it smoother on my eyes.

I recharge every 3-4 days but I download and read quite a few mangas which probably uses more battery than reading books.
jonathanv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:05 PM   #7
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur

Thanks for all the input. Thought of another question: does the included case allow you to prop the device up on a flat surface?
Old 08-28-2018, 07:50 PM   #8
Adoby
Handy Elephant

Yes.

It can stand with the cover flipped back as support. Inverted V. But only in landscape mode. In portrait mode it falls over or have to lean against something else.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:35 PM   #9
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur

So I finally got it today! Loving it so far.
Do any of you use Moon+ Reader as your main Reader? If so, I was wondering if there is anyway to integrate the Moon+ Library into the library on the main screen. I hope that makes sense.

Edit: after using Moon Reader for a bit, the page refresh seems pretty low. Is that something I can change in Moon Reader?

Last edited by Sonofrobot; 08-30-2018 at 05:24 PM.