Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-24-2015, 02:11 PM   #181
tiandijie
tiandijie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I've made my dictionary font really large (maybe too large) by editing a jar, so I know it's possible. I just don't remember which jar and which values.

Attachment 144043

ETA: I think the dictionary font size is determined by one of the sizes in FONT_RAMP or jar equivalent. Maybe the fourth or fifth, I don't know which exactly. You'll need to experiment.
thanks for help, but i had treid it and it did not seem to work by just tweaking FONT_RAMP (I tried to set all the fonts to an uniform single value but still did not work). I'm using a KV with 5.65 update. the dictionary was side-loaded.

Last edited by tiandijie; 11-24-2015 at 03:50 PM.
tiandijie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:58 PM   #182
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Have you tried clicking on Open Dictionary? (Three dots on the right for more options.) It will open in the same size as the book you're reading and you can also make it larger, although that will make your book type larger when you go back to it.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2015, 05:47 PM   #183
tiandijie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
Have you tried clicking on Open Dictionary? (Three dots on the right for more options.) It will open in the same size as the book you're reading and you can also make it larger, although that will make your book type larger when you go back to it.
Yeah sure I know you could open full version of dictionary, but what I'm seeking is a way to tweak the pop up window font so I did not need to jump between dic and book-----and you got a really good point, the font size of dic may not be determined by FONT_RAMP, since the font size of dictionary will jump back to default OS setting if I opened dictionary.

Last edited by tiandijie; 11-24-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:49 PM   #184
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
I would like that, too.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:06 PM   #185
tiandijie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
I would like that, too.
Looks like the reason of dictionary disfunctional is the format issue. Just find that the dictionary I bought from Amazon is not of k8 format. I will try to convert it to k8 via Calibre to see what is going on.
Advert
Old 11-24-2015, 06:29 PM   #186
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Dictionaries cannot be KF8.

Books with the contents of a dictionary in them can be KF8. But they won't be formatted as a dictionary, with an index -- they will just be "books".
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:14 PM   #187
tiandijie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Dictionaries cannot be KF8.

Books with the contents of a dictionary in them can be KF8. But they won't be formatted as a dictionary, with an index -- they will just be "books".
that's too bad
Old 02-03-2016, 02:59 PM   #188
Deahna
Deahna has become one with the cosmosDeahna has become one with the cosmosDeahna has become one with the cosmosDeahna has become one with the cosmosDeahna has become one with the cosmosDeahna has become one with the cosmosDeahna has become one with the cosmosDeahna has become one with the cosmosDeahna has become one with the cosmosDeahna has become one with the cosmosDeahna has become one with the cosmos

Device: none
If anyone is interested, font_ramp still works with the new firmware 5.7.2 on a German voyage with azw3. I needed to do an additional reboot after (manually) upgrading but that was it.
Deahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:07 PM   #189
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deahna View Post
If anyone is interested, font_ramp still works with the new firmware 5.7.2 on a German voyage with azw3. I needed to do an additional reboot after (manually) upgrading but that was it.
Thanks for the report.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 04:24 PM   #190
nixkalo
nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nixkalo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: hanlin V3, K4NT, PW3
On a related note, the ";fc-cache" search command has disappeared
nixkalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:37 AM   #191
kalyy
Enthusiast
kalyy began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Thank you ecostin and everyone. =)
I set these values so I can have size 3, 4 and 5 plus some other choices in between: 8.15 8.49 8.83 9.17 9.51 9.85 10.19 10.53
kalyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 06:47 AM   #192
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Great!, this "trick" still works in 5.7.2 in Spanish Voyage.

ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:00 AM   #193
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
I'm guessing that developers again missed an opportunity to enable it for KFX books (and old moby format)?
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:30 AM   #194
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
I'm guessing that developers again missed an opportunity to enable it for KFX books (and old moby format)?
You mean of course, the developers at Amazon/Lab126.
The "font ramp" feature is an Amazon provided feature, not one from this site.
Use Amazon's customer feedback system to remind them.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:41 AM   #195
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Lab126 of course. Who else would choose "logical" design of always heading in opposite direction from modular programming and having 3 different renderer and "reader software" (sub)systems with separate codebases & hardcoded values.

Last edited by shamanNS; 02-04-2016 at 09:49 AM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
font_ramp