Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 06-23-2010, 03:17 AM   #16
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
I quite enjoyed the book. It was a fairly quick read and he seemed to spend the whole time running and hiding, but I did not think it much of a thriller. More like one of those dreams where you are always running away from something. I downloaded the whole omnibus, but I am not sure the rest will be any better.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:48 AM   #17
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
I quite enjoyed the book ... but I am not sure the rest will be any better.
Another rousing endorsement!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2010, 08:20 PM   #18
glowhappy
lost my wits...
glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I was hoping for a page turner... and this was not that. To me it seemed a vague story about hide-n-seek without knowing who the seekers were or why they were playing the game.

BOb
Based on reviews I was expecting something much better as well. The only thing I really liked was that it was brief. Otherwise, very unconvincing or believable from beginning to end. I was actually annoyed that Hannay conviently became an expert on whatever situation he came into to neatly fix his predicaments and tie up the story.

On a lighter note, I just saw an ad today for the Dallas Performing Arts center in which "The Thirty-nine Steps" will be portrayed as a musical...I think I'll pass LOL
glowhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:24 AM   #19
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
To me it seemed a vague story about hide-n-seek without knowing who the seekers were or why they were playing the game.
BOb
This is how I felt to. Cut down on the chasing part which to be frank took up most part of the book, and build up the story around the seekers more thoroughly. That being said it was a quick read and not to bad.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:32 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I found the story to be someone dragged out by the escape scene and it wasn't very thrilling. The best part is that it was short.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 04:02 PM   #21
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
This is how I felt to. Cut down on the chasing part which to be frank took up most part of the book, and build up the story around the seekers more thoroughly. That being said it was a quick read and not to bad.
So since everyone seemed to love this novel so much, what is on the list next time, lol
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #22
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerio6414 View Post
So since everyone seemed to love this novel so much, what is on the list next time, lol
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88357

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:26 PM   #23
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerio6414 View Post
I've participated in 3 book club reads so far, and they've been very different books. It's a nice idea to have a club to expand one's reading. Thinking of skipping next months read, my TBR list is growing for each day. And to your question Fantasy is up next time.

Last edited by thinkpad; 06-29-2010 at 04:30 PM.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote