Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-03-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Adobe Digital

Can the PP read Adobe digital books? I can't get the books to pop up on the reader. I though since there was a folder on the device named digital editions that it wouldn't be a problem, but I can't see to get it to work...

thanks
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #2
oddly bodkins
Enthusiast
oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aztak Pocket Pro, Palm Zire 72, IPad 2
It works on mine. I downloaded the ADE software and authorized it to my computer, registered the PP to my software and downloaded one of their test books. I did have one problem. I had to register my SD card too since I was using it to hold the ebook and not the PP main memory. Maybe that is why it's not showing up for you?

Last edited by oddly bodkins; 03-03-2010 at 09:41 PM. Reason: typo
oddly bodkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
This sounds very simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
Can the PP read Adobe digital books? I can't get the books to pop up on the reader. I though since there was a folder on the device named digital editions that it wouldn't be a problem, but I can't see to get it to work...

thanks
Dear Nimblem:

Of course the Pocket PRO has Adobe Digital Editions!! That is no roblem at all.

You may not know exactly how to use it. Adobe itself gives pretty good instructions. You can also email to: support@astak.com and we can help you!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Adobe itself gives pretty good instructions.
Books on Board have an EZ Reader Help page on Adobe Digital Editions.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I think he forgot to authorize his PP with ADE first. That's probably why his ADE books aren't working.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2010, 07:30 AM   #6
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
I tried to link the PP to adobe, however it locks up up my computer when I do so. I am assuming it's an issuse with adobe now rather than the PP since everyone else is not having the issuse. Thanks everyone!
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:00 PM   #7
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
What you do is this:

1. Download and install Adobe Digital Editions.
2. Open ADE (Adobe Digital Editions).
3. Connect your PP to your desktop/laptop via the USB cable.
4. The PP should pop up in ADE in a few seconds to minutes. When it does, select it and authorize the device.
5. After a while, ADE should give you a message saying that your PP is now authorized and you should also see a My Digital Editions folder in your PP's root. This usually means, you can now drag-and-drop ADE DRM'd PDFs and ePUBs onto your PP and then be able to read them.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote