Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-17-2023, 05:07 AM   #16
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I manage to open them on the fourth attempt and to my surprise see a skunk lying on my chest.
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 05:15 AM   #17
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Well, that explains the strange musty scent... now to move without startling the critter.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2023, 01:35 PM   #18
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Then I heard a piercing, bloodcurdling screech.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 02:12 PM   #19
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The surprised skunk bolted, claws scratching at my chest for purchase whilst dousing me with its liquidy foulness.
Old 04-21-2023, 11:37 AM   #20
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The screech continues from beyond the door I was pulled in through.
Advert
Old 04-21-2023, 11:41 AM   #21
neil_swann80

I stagger to my feet, my chest stinging from the skunks claws and dripping with its stink, then turn toward the source of the ear-piercing noise.
Old 04-24-2023, 08:06 AM   #22
Martinoptic
Bibliolater

I open the door and fling the skunk through it at which point the appalling noise stops and I hear a very faint “hey what you do dat for?”
Old 04-24-2023, 08:42 AM   #23
neil_swann80

I slam the door shut trapping the skunk in the room with the formerly screaming occupant.
Old 04-24-2023, 09:18 AM   #24
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But the door bounces open again.
Old 04-24-2023, 09:26 AM   #25
neil_swann80

The limp body of a headless skunk hits my shoulder leaving me spattered with dark red blood.
Old 04-24-2023, 10:11 AM   #26
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

"You can eat that yourself! It is not tasty AT ALL!" a high, shrill voice whined.
Old 04-24-2023, 10:14 AM   #27
neil_swann80

"F**K that! I'll take my chances with the Triceratops" I bellowed as I ran for the alley.
Old 04-24-2023, 06:57 PM   #28
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Unfortunately, the door was now locked.
Old 04-24-2023, 11:42 PM   #29
neil_swann80

My eyes darted around this well-lit commercial kitchen scanning for another exit.
Old 04-25-2023, 06:49 AM   #30
Martinoptic
Bibliolater

No sign of an exit, but the kitchen is L shaped so it must be round the corner I muse, running round and knocking over a pile of plates with a crash!

Last edited by Martinoptic; 04-25-2023 at 06:52 AM.