Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-01-2019, 04:28 AM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
File Type Plugins and Add Format tools

Can a File Type plugin execute when a format file is added to an existing book, I know GetFileName doesn't (nor should it - IMO) and I don't have (or want) the deDRM plugin which is the only other File Type plugin i know of.

TIA BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 04:31 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC they execute whenever a book file is added to the database whether that is part of a new book or a new format for an existing book.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2019, 05:23 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just cut & pasted a solid image zip into a existing book and it became a CBZ - which suggests your right.

GetFileName does not do its normal 'thing' when I cut & paste a format into an existing book, only when I add a format to create a new book. It must detect its creating a new book. I'm sure TdM will drop by and explain.

BR
Old 10-01-2019, 06:16 AM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I'll try to check this evening (more probably tomorrow), but I think that, when you add a format to the book, the event that GetFileName is getting doesn't have the info (or it is adding something different). I think I checked it when I was creating it and it wasn´t possible to recover the name.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:01 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I'll try to check this evening (more probably tomorrow), but I think that, when you add a format to the book, the event that GetFileName is getting doesn't have the info (or it is adding something different). I think I checked it when I was creating it and it wasn´t possible to recover the name.
Thanks - No hurry - tomorrow, next week is fine

Please understand I am not suggesting GFN should do anything when a format is added to an existing book even if it could except if the File Name custom column was empty - maybe ;-)

I'm asking on behalf someone thinking of writing a plugin for their video collection.

BR
Advert
Old 10-01-2019, 08:13 AM   #6
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Please understand I am not suggesting GFN should do anything when a format is added to an existing book even if it could except if the File Name custom column was empty - maybe ;-)
BR
I've already thought about that myself I'll check but I think that, adding the format, the plugin was not called (and there was a remark from Kovid about that)
Old 10-04-2019, 07:35 AM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Sorry, I has been trying to look for information. The plugin only implements the postadd method, so it works only when a new record is created, but it doesn't implement the postimport method. At this moment, I don't remember why, I should make some tests but I'm not sure if it's going to work.