Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-19-2021, 12:24 AM   #136
Techbar
TechnoGeek
Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Likebook Mars, Boox Kepler Pro, InkBook Obsidian
New update V3.0.3_2021011418

Downloaded OTA quite happily, package check was ok, and then it fails about 25% of the way through installing the update...
Techbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 01:07 AM   #137
raygj
Connoisseur
raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: likebook mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techbar View Post
Downloaded OTA quite happily, package check was ok, and then it fails about 25% of the way through installing the update...
yes my Mars update failed repeatedly at about 25% with error and with stating "failed with firmware update.". i tried a factory reset before downloading another copy.they must be sending the wrong model update as it fails on error with writing chipset firmware update.
my current system version is BYRead-V3.0.0-2020102111
Likebook-T80D
raygj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2021, 02:48 AM   #138
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incanus View Post
Thanks! No download links in either facebook nor Twitter (as of just now).
There you can see:
Quote:
OTA Update
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 05:37 AM   #139
ilyats
Connoisseur
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
Quote:
Originally Posted by raygj View Post
yes my Mars update failed repeatedly at about 25% with error and with stating "failed with firmware update.". i tried a factory reset before downloading another copy.they must be sending the wrong model update as it fails on error with writing chipset firmware update.
my current system version is BYRead-V3.0.0-2020102111
Likebook-T80D
Boyue says there was a problem with the server, you should delete the downloaded update file and run update again.
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 07:04 PM   #140
raygj
Connoisseur
raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyats View Post
Boyue says there was a problem with the server, you should delete the downloaded update file and run update again.
fixed... the working mars update file is 775mb in size.
they have updated their servers.
<https://www.facebook.com/BoyueLikebook/posts/2931087277121854>
Advert
Old 01-20-2021, 02:12 AM   #141
raygj
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygj View Post
fixed... the working mars update file is 775mb in size.
they have updated their servers.
<https://www.facebook.com/BoyueLikebook/posts/2931087277121854>
look down the list of comments in the above facebook page for
Quote <"
Sebastián Armas
Where can I download it to install it as a local package?
· Reply · 1d · Edited

Author
Boyue Likebook
Hi Sebastián Armas, here is local update package for you:
https://XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
">End-Quote.
download the update.zip file using the download link on the actual facebook page below <https://www.facebook.com/BoyueLikebook/posts/2931087277121854>

Last edited by raygj; 01-20-2021 at 02:20 AM.
Old 01-20-2021, 07:24 AM   #142
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Indeed, it was a reply to a query of my own 8) which I'm quite pleased to have an answer for.

I'll try the Mega download link as soon as I get a proper Wi-Fi access and report back on how the actual file works on upgrading my reader.

UPDATE: I downloaded the update.zip file from Mega, uploaded it to the reader's local memory disk root/main directory. I then successfully upgraded the device using the local memory option.

Best regards,

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Last edited by Incanus; 01-20-2021 at 10:00 AM.
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:12 PM   #143
rgm
Enthusiast
rgm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
OTA went smooth.

Hi
I run update, 8 hours ago, and it was fast to download and went smooth.
So they probably solved the issues mentioned above.
rgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:00 PM   #144
patientxtr
Enthusiast
patientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it ispatientxtr knows what time it is

Device: Likebook Mars, Kindle 3(sold), Jetbook Lite (gave away)
Being able to read cbz via main app is great, contrast settings, autocropping etc works great with comics. I deleted other comic readers. Also at first I wanted cbr compability too (still do) but now converted most of my stuff to cbz with calibre so it is a no biggie.
patientxtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 02:50 PM   #145
urbie
Enthusiast
urbie began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Hi
Tried to update to Android 8.1. Used the link from Boyue on FB. (message from 18 jan New-Updating-Android8.1-V3.0.3_2021011418 (OTA Update-Connect device with WIFI)

Link:https://mega.nz/file/WAABiSiK#YWdY3c...Ma1mfgRsbttxbk file 738.8 MB

Update went wrong Ended in Android Recovery with following messages:

Warning: No File-context target:rockc:8.1.0hip/rk3368/rk3368:8.1.0
unconditionally.....E1001: failed to update system/image E:unknown Command
E: Error in @/cache recovery/block.map
status 7
installation aborted
OTA failed

Any clues ?
urbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 05:25 PM   #146
raygj
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbie View Post
Hi
Tried to update to Android 8.1. Used the link from Boyue on FB. (message from 18 jan New-Updating-Android8.1-V3.0.3_2021011418 (OTA Update-Connect device with WIFI)

Link:https://mega.nz/file/WAABiSiK#YWdY3c...Ma1mfgRsbttxbk file 738.8 MB

Update went wrong Ended in Android Recovery with following messages:

Warning: No File-context target:rockc:8.1.0hip/rk3368/rk3368:8.1.0
unconditionally.....E1001: failed to update system/image E:unknown Command
E: Error in @/cache recovery/block.map
status 7
installation aborted
OTA failed

Any clues ?
you cannot use this copy of OTA wifi update.zip file to update from Android 6 to Android 8.1.
it is only an update for an existing Android 8.1 installation.
instead to update from Android 6 to Android 8.1 use
from <https://twitter.com/BoyueTechnology/status/1298807003393847296>
Old 02-02-2021, 05:48 PM   #147
OrangeFlavored
Enthusiast
OrangeFlavored doesn't litterOrangeFlavored doesn't litter

Not sure if it's been posted here yet but the mega link for the firmware in the instruction PDF for flashing from 6.1 -> 8.1 appears to be dead. Found this mirror link on gdrive that worked for me: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1BUDt...xport=download

On 8.1 now and it pretty quickly picked up on the OTA updates to get itself up to the current one right after. (Needed to do so in like 3 steps, I'm assuming those updates work incrementally or something.)
OrangeFlavored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:52 AM   #148
urbie
Enthusiast

Updated my Likebook Mars to Android 8.1 and the latest Byread version. All went smooth (thank you Rayjg). However now i ran in the problem that a lot of Epubs don't load anymore. A very short message is displayed: 阅读错误:文件语法错误. I could decypher that as: "Reading error: file syntax error". On different platforms and clients the books open fine. Also a quality check with an online epub checker didn't indicate faults in the epub. In previous firmware it was possible in Library to choose wether or not to use Zreader but i can't find that option anymore. Its a bummer and i hope someone has a cause and solution.
Old 02-15-2021, 09:39 AM   #149
raygj
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbie View Post
Updated my Likebook Mars to Android 8.1 and the latest Byread version. All went smooth (thank you Rayjg). However now i ran in the problem that a lot of Epubs don't load anymore. A very short message is displayed: 阅读错误:文件语法错误. I could decipher that as: "Reading error: file syntax error". On different platforms and clients the books open fine. Also a quality check with an online epub checker didn't indicate faults in the epub. In previous firmware it was possible in Library to choose whether or not to use Zreader but i can't find that option anymore. Its a bummer and i hope someone has a cause and solution.
I have not had any problems reading any of my large quantity of free or copyright expired and also my purchased eBook collection.
the reason for this is that before I load any of my books onto any/all my eBook readers, I first convert them ,using calibre 'convert book' , to the .EPUB format.
I do this in order to add metadata(book description) into the eBook file.
after loading converted eBooks' onto eBook reader if I still have a problem with this converted eBook file then I use calibre 'convert books' to convert the file from .EPUB format to .RTF format and then convert from .RTF to .EPUB format ant reload corrected .EPUB copy back onto eBook reader.
I have found that this method fixes any eBook errors in the eBook file.

Last edited by raygj; 02-15-2021 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-17-2021, 05:45 AM   #150
urbie
Enthusiast

Thanks again Rayjg. Solved the problem meanwhile. However, i'm sure they were caused by the update cause the books where already on the reader and never encounted problems before. From 80 books 8 were affected. I did what you did in an easier way. In Calibre converted from epub to epub and checked the option "restore default values".