Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 11-12-2019, 10:18 PM   #1
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Have you had to reauthorize your reader?

I had been using my reader earlier this evening, set it aside for a little while, went back to it and tried to open a library book, got an error message that I needed to authorize Adobe. So I turned on WiFi and reentered my Adobe ID.

Then I tried to open the book again and got a message about a missing token and that I needed to download the book directly from the library. Tried all four of my other library books and got the same message - even on the book I had been reading a little while earlier.

Tried a restart just in case but nothing changed.

So I logged into the library and redownloaded all the books. Now I have a second copy of each. I can open both copies, the original ones still have any bookmarks and highlights I had made.

Has this happened to anyone else?
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:14 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes, this happened to me one time also. And I had the book on two different Tolinos and both required the "re-authorization" at the same time. And, as with you, that didn't fix it, I had to download the book again. At the time I wondered if it was because I had the WiFi turned off and the Tolino wanted to "call home" and verify the book was still checked out. It hasn't done it since then and I had already mostly forgotten about it.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2019, 08:09 AM   #3
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, at least I know it's not just my reader...... I hope it doesn't happen to me again either!
Old 11-13-2019, 02:26 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well, at least I know it's not just my reader...... I hope it doesn't happen to me again either!
I thought it was something I had done wrong. Unfortunately, I guess not. Since it happened on two Tolinos at the same time I'm guessing it must have been an Overdrive/ADE issue.
Old 07-25-2020, 08:55 PM   #5
4691mls
Wizard

This happened again tonight (8 months after the previous episode). Tonight, after I had connected my reader to my PC o get a couple of books I'd bought from Kobo, the reader subsequently asked me to authorize it, and even after I did it gave me an error when trying to open any of the Overdrive library books I'd been reading earlier in the day.

This time instead of redownloading all my Overdrive library books I just redownloaded one of them. Now I have two copies of that book, and it and all the other library books that were already on my reader are now readable again.
Advert
Old 08-07-2020, 07:05 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
This happened again tonight (8 months after the previous episode). Tonight, after I had connected my reader to my PC o get a couple of books I'd bought from Kobo, the reader subsequently asked me to authorize it, and even after I did it gave me an error when trying to open any of the Overdrive library books I'd been reading earlier in the day.

This time instead of redownloading all my Overdrive library books I just redownloaded one of them. Now I have two copies of that book, and it and all the other library books that were already on my reader are now readable again.
It appears this happens on PocketBooks as well. Weird. Looks like it just requires a de-authorize/reauthorize reset. I wonder if it's a bug or something Adobe does on purpose on mobile devices for some reason.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:08 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

Copy the authorization file so if this happens again, you can just put it back.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:27 PM   #8
4691mls
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
It appears this happens on PocketBooks as well. Weird. Looks like it just requires a de-authorize/reauthorize reset. I wonder if it's a bug or something Adobe does on purpose on mobile devices for some reason.
This never happened on my Sonys or my Kobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Copy the authorization file so if this happens again, you can just put it back.
I don't know where the file is located in order to copy it
Old 08-09-2020, 11:21 PM   #9
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
This never happened on my Sonys or my Kobo
Never happened to me on the Sony (when it used to work for this) but I think it might have happened to me once on a Kobo.

I know it happens on Tolinos because it just happened again on my Tolino Vision 4. I wanted to try the "transfer ascm via USB cable" method – which works! — but first I had to reauthorize Adobe (yet again). But the good news is that, by moving ascm files to Tolino via USB Cable, I can download from those bookstores the Tolino's browser was having trouble logging into. I don't know why I didn't think of this before. So another method of avoiding ADE on my computer.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:44 AM   #10
4691mls
Wizard

Quote:
Never happened to me on the Sony (when it used to work for this) but I think it might have happened to me once on a Kobo.

I know it happens on Tolinos because it just happened again on my Tolino Vision 4. I wanted to try the "transfer ascm via USB cable" method – which works! — but first I had to reauthorize Adobe (yet again). But the good news is that, by moving ascm files to Tolino via USB Cable, I can download from those bookstores the Tolino's browser was having trouble logging into. I don't know why I didn't think of this before. So another method of avoiding ADE on my computer.
So you just drag and drop the files from your computer instead of using ADE, and this works OK?

I have a Windows 10 PC and I do use ADE, but sometimes ADE is really slow to open or hangs so badly that I end up restarting the computer. If drag-and-drop works maybe I can skip ADE.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:44 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't know where the file is located in order to copy it
Copy everything from your Tolino. Then delete all the files you know are not the activation file. If you are still unsure, post a list of the files and we can maybe tell you which one is is.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:40 PM   #12
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
So you just drag and drop the files from your computer instead of using ADE, and this works OK?
Yes. Just moved the ascm file to the Download folder, went to home screen and there it was. Tapped it and it downloaded the book.

Quote:
I have a Windows 10 PC and I do use ADE, but sometimes ADE is really slow to open or hangs so badly that I end up restarting the computer. If drag-and-drop works maybe I can skip ADE.
The only issue I could see on Windows 10 is that it might try to automatically open the ascm file in ADE instead of letting you choose to download it. You should be able to bypass that, however. (My ignorance of Windows gets more and more complete — about thirteen years since Windows was my main OS.)

That said, I can't see any reason why ADE would be really slow on Windows 10. Maybe it needs to be uninstalled/reinstalled?

Last edited by rcentros; 08-10-2020 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-11-2020, 03:37 PM   #13
4691mls
Wizard

Quote:
Yes. Just moved the ascm file to the Download folder, went to home screen and there it was. Tapped it and it downloaded the book.

The only issue I could see on Windows 10 is that it might try to automatically open the ascm file in ADE instead of letting you choose to download it. You should be able to bypass that, however. (My ignorance of Windows gets more and more complete — about thirteen years since Windows was my main OS.)

That said, I can't see any reason why ADE would be really slow on Windows 10. Maybe it needs to be uninstalled/reinstalled?

Thanks. Sometimes ADE loads quickly, other times it hangs. Maybe it does need a reinstall. I don't use it all that often since I can get my Overdrive library books directly on the Tolino, but occasionally I buy books that need to be copied over from the computer. It's good to know your method as a backup!
Old 08-11-2020, 03:58 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Thanks. Sometimes ADE loads quickly, other times it hangs. Maybe it does need a reinstall. I don't use it all that often since I can get my Overdrive library books directly on the Tolino, but occasionally I buy books that need to be copied over from the computer. It's good to know your method as a backup!
The problem with ADE is that it gets really slow to load when there are a lot of eBooks in the Digital Editions directory. Even expired library eBooks don't go away when they expire.