Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-18-2021, 03:01 PM   #76
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@jamalau: Haven't actually checked how it's implemented on older devices, but I suspect that outside of the Elipsa, it's probably not going to be fool-proof, no (i.e., there will be false positives).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 03:51 PM   #77
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
@NiLuJe Sorry, i dont understand your answer, the only thing is , Nanoclocks Background stay in Darkmode white, and the Background from rest of the site is black!
Sorry for my english!
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2021, 04:43 PM   #78
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@desterly: Hard to tell what's a page turn and what isn't, given that everything happens in the space of 10s ;o).

Anyway, I was inclined to say that it's probably just an eInk quirk, and your EDIT about rotation being involved only furthers that impression .

I'll see if I can reproduce anything locally when I'm testing the Elipsa support later this week .
Yep, definitely an eInk quirk. (It's the visible effect of a race between our blit, nickel's refresh, our refresh, and the driver trying to merge those two together).
It's more visible on Inverted rotations (or not, depending on positioning) purely because of where in the buffer region our blit hits.

TL;DR: Nothing we can do about it (... besides making it worse all the time by bringing back a delay ).
Old 08-29-2021, 06:31 PM   #79
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v0.10.0!

This includes Elipsa support (albeit with a few caveats, and slightly less pleasing results, because of both technical limitations and the way in which the driver actually behaves).
For instance, expect completely random updates in totally different regions of the screen to "eat" the clock, because everything is terrible .

Because it bears repeating from the README: on the Elipsa, you'll need a *second* manual reboot after installation for stuff to show up.

Also, handles the new Dark Mode & Invert Screen shenanigans somewhat better on FW 4.28. As mentioned above, Dark Mode detection cannot be truly accurate outside of devices with *actual* Dark Mode support (i.e., the Elipsa).
Old 08-30-2021, 10:29 AM   #80
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thank´s for the new Release, DarkMode works fine with my Forma!
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2021, 01:33 PM   #81
albare
Connoisseur
albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kobo h2o
This is only a suggestion.
Don't show the clock when the book enter in suspension or power off.
Thanks!

Enviado desde mi SM-A705FN mediante Tapatalk
albare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 02:49 PM   #82
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@albare: Not on the cards .
Old 08-31-2021, 09:03 AM   #83
criscros
Fulltime reader
criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.criscros can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Clara
I have a Clara and don't use dark mode or inverted mode.

Are there any other improvements to the new version?

I'm of the 'if ain't broke, don't fix it' school of thought, but I do like to stay current.
criscros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 02:38 PM   #84
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@criscros: Not particularly, no .
Old 09-07-2021, 11:27 AM   #85
desterly
Enthusiast
desterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: KV, Forma, Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Yep, definitely an eInk quirk. (It's the visible effect of a race between our blit, nickel's refresh, our refresh, and the driver trying to merge those two together).
It's more visible on Inverted rotations (or not, depending on positioning) purely because of where in the buffer region our blit hits.

TL;DR: Nothing we can do about it (... besides making it worse all the time by bringing back a delay ).
Thanks for looking/confirming.

Based on the logs and how it refreshed, I figured it was probably something like that.... Besides, it's minor enough I didn't even notice it until I was looking directly at the clock while changing pages
desterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 07:31 PM   #86
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
1. How do i setup the config (ini) string to make the clock and battery appear using a custom font and custom size in my fonts folder? does anyone have a string example? I get easily confused by the ini file strings.

Thank you.

EDIT. Nevermind. Trial and error worked.

Must have edited the config 20 times hahahahaha

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 10-06-2021 at 01:41 AM.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 03:23 AM   #87
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
And another problem hahahahaha

For some reason, nanoclock disappears from my kobo libra (4.28.18220 fw)

I was just fetching annotations via Calibre and after i unplugged my kobo from the PC, the clock was gone. I rebooted, and still gone.

I uninstall and reinstall, still nothing.

What could be the reason for this?

Edit: working now. for some reason reboots don't work. Shut down then Starting works.

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 10-26-2021 at 05:25 AM.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 11:54 AM   #88
albare
Connoisseur
albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

I try to install in my new kobo sage, but is not working...

Old 10-25-2021, 12:23 PM   #89
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yeah, that'll come in the next version, hopefully next week-end .
Old 10-25-2021, 12:44 PM   #90
albare
Connoisseur

I put the uninstall parameter to true, but I don't know if really is uninstalled. Is some way to verify?

Tags
clock, fbink, lua, miniclock, nanoclock