Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-31-2009, 02:27 PM   #1
ccadi
Alive'n'Reading
ccadi is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Libra 2, Paperwhite 5 SE
505 and windows mobile

Is the any simple way to connect the 505 to a Wm5/6 device so that the mobile device could be used to add/remove content from the reader
ccadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:28 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccadi View Post
Is the any simple way to connect the 505 to a Wm5/6 device so that the mobile device could be used to add/remove content from the reader
Does the device have USB host?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2009, 02:30 PM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
One could always try a mini-usb to mini-usb cable between the 505 and a windows mobile device. Not sure if the 505 will show up as an attached device on windows mobile.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
ccadi
Alive'n'Reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Does the device have USB host?
It has the same usb connection as the reader.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:31 PM   #5
ccadi
Alive'n'Reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
One could always try a mini-usb to mini-usb cable between the 505 and a windows mobile device. Not sure if the 505 will show up as an attached device on windows mobile.
I did'nt know such a thing existed...........now I know where to start

edit: Seems I might need a USB gender changer. (Im learning, just need a push in the right direction)

Last edited by ccadi; 03-31-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Advert
Old 03-31-2009, 02:35 PM   #6
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I don't know if it exists either but that would be the only way to connect the two devices.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:37 PM   #7
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Most windows mobile devices do not act as USB hosts. There is only one model I have ever heard of that might act as a USB host (the IPAQ 210), but I'm not sure anyone has figured out how to use it as such.

Why not use an SD card for this? Then you could transfer the SD card back and forth between the reader and the windows mobile device.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:44 PM   #8
ccadi
Alive'n'Reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfJulie View Post
Most windows mobile devices do not act as USB hosts. There is only one model I have ever heard of that might act as a USB host (the IPAQ 210), but I'm not sure anyone has figured out how to use it as such.

Why not use an SD card for this? Then you could transfer the SD card back and forth between the reader and the windows mobile device.
Yes, now I have tried I can see the mobile device will not act as a host. Thanks for the answers.........it stopped my daydream

Looks like fiddliing with SD card is the answer