Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-30-2008, 01:00 AM   #1
Scotch
Enthusiast
Scotch began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Kindle
Can I change path/folder & Q re meta information loss

I have multiple folders for downloaded ebooks right now and it is driving me crazy. It is my fault for not having a system down while experimenting with different programs over the past few months, books via MS Reader, Mobipocket, Sony, Calibre, etc. I am trying to consolidate everything into one folder. Right now the path for my Calibre library is c:\Documents and Settings\Me & DH\My Documents\My eBooks. I would like to move everything to c:\Documents and Settings\Me\My eBooks. How do I do that? I can't find a way to change the default folder via the Calibre program. And is there a downside to adding all my eBooks in that one single "My eBooks" folder or should I add another folder so something like: \My eBooks\Calibre Library?

Also, I've noticed that when I convert .Lit files using Convertlit to Calibre, the author and publisher info in the meta information fields are almost always blank. (I say "almost" only because I just noticed this recently.) But when I convert .prc files using mobidedrm to Calibre, that info is always there. So is the loss of certain meta info fields when converting .lit files using Convertlit known/normal or am I doing something wrong?
Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:14 AM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
on the right side of calibre, right under where you choose the output. there is a hammer button. click it. that is where you can change the path.

I would keep my calibre library seperate from my source of ebooks untill im satisfied that calibre got the import right.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2008, 09:27 PM   #3
Scotch
Enthusiast
Scotch began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Kindle
Thank you!
Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote