Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-18-2016, 09:30 AM   #166
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
I was changing

Code:
CurrentLocale=en_GB
Reason I did this was that I have date/time info I'm more accustomed to.

Maybe some settings are easier to get remembered, but thing is, when I looked at the file, changes weren't there.

I use editor that respects original file encoding (win or linux), so I'm sure that my editor isn't problem.

Who knows, maybe I did something wrong, but usually editing files isn't too complex task for me. I'm just saying, that was pretty perplexing. On the other hand, now I'm exclusively on KSM+Koreader, so I don't mess with nickel.
It looks like I have to eat my words a bit. I hadn't change the locale for a while but I'm sure that that the last time I did, it changed the time and date display immediately. This time, I had to restart. I did check before the restart by connecting and looking at the config file to make sure I hadn't made a mistake. The change was there OK.

One thing is that the option has to be in the right place. There should have been a "CurrentLocale" line already in the "ApplicationPreferences" section. If you changed that, it should have worked. If you added another line in the same section, only one would have been kept. I'm not sure if the first or last would have been kept. If you put the line in another section, it would have been ignored. And, as the config file is rewritten by the device, it probably would have disappeared.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 11:17 AM   #167
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
I used existing one, I think it was en_US, that I changed into en_GB.

What happened I'm not sure, I only remember that it didn't worked immediately and I need to tinker a bit. Anyway, it's not that important now.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2016, 09:40 AM   #168
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
I installed the 'nightmode' mod, which seems to disable screensavers when it's enabled. I've asked about it in that thread, but wanted to ask here too just to try and get at the issue from both ends.

Hopefully whatever prevents screensavers from being used when nightmode is active can be resolved.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 10:19 AM   #169
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't use night mode myself... does it cause the "sleeping" "poweroff" messages to show in inverted mode as well?

That would change the standby/poweroff signatures and you'd have to update the screensaver config file...

I'd have to add support for multiple signatures to support both nightmode on / off in such a case...
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 10:27 AM   #170
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes the sleeping and power off screens are displayed. Same for the cover of your current book though all three screens are inverted.

I'm away from my computer for most of today but I'll see if I can get the signatures for the H2O in night mode when I get home
Advert
Old 02-27-2016, 08:02 PM   #171
MGlitch
Wizard

For those interested, the signatures for my H2O with nightmode enabled are as follows

standby=d5dcefa503ecc249266943bd2edcee5c
poweroff=ca6b3550685f629c5ba9edc44cfde9e6

One nice thing, which I was not expecting, is that the images are not affected by nightmode. So if support for multiple signatures is added you wont need to worry about providing multiple images for regular vs nightmode.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:22 PM   #172
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The images are not drawn by nickel (which is hoodwinked by nightmode) so it's not affected, if you want images to appear inverted you can always just invert the image itself. Only downside is there is no way to dynamically turn this mode on/off. Once you join the dark side of the force there is no going back ...

I really want to come back to this mod and improve it (and find a better / more intuitive solution for the currently unfathomable random signature hashes) but I don't know when I'll find the time to do so. Until then you'll have to make do as is
Old 02-27-2016, 11:39 PM   #173
MGlitch
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
The images are not drawn by nickel (which is hoodwinked by nightmode) so it's not affected, if you want images to appear inverted you can always just invert the image itself. Only downside is there is no way to dynamically turn this mode on/off. Once you join the dark side of the force there is no going back ...

I really want to come back to this mod and improve it (and find a better / more intuitive solution for the currently unfathomable random signature hashes) but I don't know when I'll find the time to do so. Until then you'll have to make do as is
Don't worry about it on my account. That this mod exists at all makes me happy, screen savers were the only feature my previous brand of ereader, the Nook, had that Kobo didn't. And while it wasn't enough to keep me from switching, I did miss it. Also, I've found I like leaving night mode on all the time anyway so for me multiple signature support isn't needed.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:03 PM   #174
Bean_There
Bean_There began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hi frostschutz

I love this - great stuff. I have played around and have it working almost perfectly.

Information as follows:
Kobo Glo HD
Firmware 3.19.5761 in English
Delay=0.2 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.25 (not sure this is optimised)

The following are exactly the same as Jorg3 back in November last year
offset=145
standby=0080aa5961da66a80050e705d3782e65
poweroff=434583f85d17b2480ddc32087676baf7

If I manually turn the Glo to Sleep or to PowerOff the screensaver works correctly.

If it automatically switches to Sleep it also works correctly.

But strangely if it automatically turns to PowerOff the screensaver image appears as a negative (or inverted)?

I have read through the forum but can't find any reference to this sort of behaviour – any ideas what might be the reason? (I do not have the nightmode mod installed).
Bean_There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 04:10 PM   #175
frostschutz
Linux User

This mod should not invert images. Either you actually have an inverted image in your off/ folder? That's what my personal images are like anyway so I can distinguish sleep/poweroff... Or some other mod doing the inverting, but I think Night Mode doesn't actually do that.

In terms of real bugs I only know the screensaver does not work when going to sleep/poweroff while charging as the "charging" message that appears on the sleep screen seems to change scanline offset/signature somehow...
Old 03-02-2016, 05:53 PM   #176
MGlitch
Wizard

I can confirm that the Night Mode mod does not invert the screensaver colors when my H2O is sleeping, or off. The image is displayed the way the image is in the file that's being used.

This is the link to the Night Mode I used: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=212162 (I used the one for the H2O which is linked to later in the thread).

Not sure how different that is to the Night Mode mod on the forums which gives an image to tap on your Kobo, rather than the workaround in the mod I opted to use. However I can't imagine it's so different that it would affect the screensaver.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:32 PM   #177
Bean_There
Bean_There began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Very strange. I definitely don't have any inverted images, and I can recognise the images that are being inverted when the Kobo automatically goes into PowerOff and they are the same ones that show up correctly when I manually PowerOff.

The only mods I've put on are the Google Analytics avoidance one, and I have also added the Metazoa firmware patches but with only three patches enabled (line spacing values, custom left & right margins, and increased Book Cover size in library view).

I'm very happy with it anyway, as I can avoid it occuring my manually powering off. Just makes me a bit curious as to what might be causing it.....
Bean_There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:20 PM   #178
callodacity
callodacity began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Working very well on my Kobo Aura H2O!

Code:
offset=145
standby=e3b115f0c3e42bcef1afcbbb4f10e6da
poweroff=62aed5baa23b6f925d79d836b221ebf5

Is there anyway to specify a third option for when the battery is charging? Because the offset needs to be different..
e.g.

Code:
offset=145
chargingOffset=175
charging=......
Perhaps this should be implemented in a future version!
callodacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:23 PM   #179
kobayashi
Groupie
kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by callodacity View Post
Working very well on my Kobo Aura H2O!

Code:
offset=145

Is there anyway to specify a third option for when the battery is charging? Because the offset needs to be different..
e.g.

Code:
offset=145
chargingOffset=175
charging=......
Perhaps this should be implemented in a future version!
+1 Good idea
kobayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 12:24 PM   #180
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
Not sure how many people are using this on the Kobo Aura (non-HD version), but since I picked up a refurbished unit for pocket-lint prices I thought I'd play with it. Happy to report the screensaver works fine in scanline mode, using the latest firmware.

Note: The effective screen resolution, despite being reported as 758 x 1024 pixels, is actually 758 x 1014. Anything taller that in your image will be cut off/covered by the lower-edge floating black border in the surface material.
Code:
# Values below for Kobo Aura English in 3.19.5761 firmware:
# Effective screen resolution is 758 wide x 1014 high
offset=123
standby=64dd3f2ff0891ae756a42888fdba45c7
poweroff=08406112b6212bdb54724aff4bd00b2c
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote