Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
jcromero
jcromero began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Terminal Emulator in rupor-minimal

I have rooted my PRS-T1 with rupor-minimal. What application must I install to have a terminal emulator in my third home screen like shows the attached screenshot?

I have read https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...ing_and_Tweaks, and it seems rupor-minimal has that app, but I can not see it.

Last edited by jcromero; 09-26-2012 at 09:57 AM.
jcromero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
e-ink
partly refreshed
e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: It's a Sony :P prs-t1
I can't remember if it came pre-installed, but you can download it from the f-droid repo: http://f-droid.org/repository/browse...al.androidterm

If you gonna use it frequently I recommend using a full 5-row keyboard: http://f-droid.org/repository/browse...ion.pckeyboard

After installation both show up on home screen page #3.
e-ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
e-ink
partly refreshed
e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: It's a Sony :P prs-t1
To make things a litle easier here a few tips using the terminal emulator:

1. Automatically starting a root shell - in this case the ash shell

Edit Preferences --> (Shell) Command Line
    Code:
    /system/bin/su -c "busybox ash -"

2. Setting path as the Initial Command

Edit Preferences --> (Shell) Initial Command
    Code:
    export PATH=/system/bin:$PATH

# it s a good opportunity to add aliases as well:
    export PATH=/system/bin:$PATH; alias ll="busybox ls -alk"

3. Creating Busybox symlinks

So far only a few toolbox symlinks are pre-installed. For easy access of all busybox tools lets create symlinks.
    Existing toolbox symlinks won't be replaced by this method. If you wish to use only busybox remove the toolbox links before.
    Code:
    # remount the system partition to have write access
    busybox mount -o remount,rw -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk2p10 /system

# change directory to the system binaries
    cd /system/bin

# creating busybox symlinks
    busybox --help | busybox grep 'Currently defined functions:' -A90 | busybox grep '^\s.*,' | busybox tr , '\n' | busybox xargs -n 1 busybox ln -s busybox
e-ink is offline   Reply With Quote