Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-28-2016, 04:31 AM   #1
bartek158
bartek158 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3G
After conversion there is information with my email in book

Hello
I just see that after conversion there is information about my microsoft email.
I can see when I write pdf to kindle. In epub file there is also cover eith my email information. How to disable automatic addin information about my email ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	problem.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	153817   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1120158 (Copy).JPG
Views:	156
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	153818  
bartek158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 05:23 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I suspect it is being substituted because standard metadata has not been set.

Is where it is getting it from? Do you use the e-mail to device option (I don't, which may be why I never have seen this)?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:03 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Make sure the author is set, i.e. it is not Unknown.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 04:04 AM   #4
bartek158

I use windows 10 and this email is ma microsoft account email to personalize system , onedrive , xbox etc. This is't my amazon/kindle account email. I use this email only for windows 10 , i newer send message from it.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:49 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartek158 View Post
I use windows 10 and this email is ma microsoft account email to personalize system , onedrive , xbox etc. This is't my amazon/kindle account email. I use this email only for windows 10 , i newer send message from it.
That still does not change the statement:
Set an Author name

you are tripping a fallback (which then pulls data from your system)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 04:22 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@bartek158 - Where did the EPUB come from? I suspect it's the source of your problem, not the calibre conversion.

Could you post a screen shot of the EPUB->PDF conversion you ran? Just the Metadata panel, viz:

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	153863

What happens if you remove the cover from the EPUB before you convert it to PDF? The Modify ePub plugin can do that for you, viz:

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	153864

What cover do you get if you do an EPUB->EPUB conversion, before you do the EPUB to PDF conversion - do not put anything in Change cover image: and do not check Use cover from source file ?

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-30-2016 at 06:54 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 11:57 AM   #7
bartek158

I make conversion from docx->EPUB and docx->pdf
Old 01-04-2017, 01:06 PM   #8
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartek158 View Post
I make conversion from docx->EPUB and docx->pdf
You need to set the meta-data in word before importing to calibre or edit meta-data before doing your conversions.

Word uses your user name as the creator of the docx, and when calibre does a conversion that is what is used as author if the author field is blank.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 03:30 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
You need to set the meta-data in word before importing to calibre or edit meta-data before doing your conversions.

Word uses your user name as the creator of the docx, and when calibre does a conversion that is what is used as author if the author field is blank.

bernie

@bartek158 - If you don't want to change your Windows user name, change the fields in Word->Options->General->Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office - I'm sure similar programs (e.g. LO Writer) have similar settings.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:15 PM   #10
bartek158

Thanks , I set in office that autor is only one leeter "B" .
Thanks a lot