Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-31-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
copying videos to android phone

My daughter has a Motorola Razr M (I think that means Maxx) HD android phone that we'd like to put some videos on, but I'm not sure how to do it. Can I just use Windows Explorer to drag and drop them? do I need a special app to play them? these are M4a videos.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:17 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
My daughter has a Motorola Razr M (I think that means Maxx) HD android phone that we'd like to put some videos on, but I'm not sure how to do it. Can I just use Windows Explorer to drag and drop them? do I need a special app to play them? these are M4a videos.
M4a are audio files video files are m4v if I recall correctly. You can just copy the files to the phone using windows explorer. Some phones come with a video player that could play them but if her phone does not you can search for m4v in google play many of them are free.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:07 AM   #3
KarenFritz
Banned
KarenFritz began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
copying videos to android phone Motorola Razr M HD

Quote:
Motorola Razr M HD should have bulit in player support playing videos in these formats: MP4/3GP. Unfortunately, your M4a (or M4V maybe) videos are not compatible with Motorola Razr M HD.

So, first step, you need to use Kvisoft video converter for Mac to convert videos to MP4/3GP on Mac. Windows version is also available, just try it if you own a PC.

Final step is dragging and dropping converted videos to your Android phone Motorola Razr M HD.
KarenFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:18 AM   #4
KarenFritz
Banned
KarenFritz began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Just found that M4A is audio format, not video as you mentioned.

So you should still use that converter to convert W4A files to MP3/AAC/AAC+/eAAC+/AMR/WAV/MID, then it can be compatible with Motorola Razr M HD.
KarenFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #5
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
the extension is mp4 and the type is MP4 Video, says Windows Explorer.

I know absolutely nothing about video formats or conversions.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #6
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Podcasts and audio books sometimes come in that format. As for converters, they're usually simple - add file, choose target device/format, click convert. Check this link: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-easy-...eo-converters/

Quick Video Converter is one I found simple and easy to use. It's described there on the linked page.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:27 AM   #7
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
the extension is mp4 and the type is MP4 Video, says Windows Explorer.

I know absolutely nothing about video formats or conversions.
No need to convert most video players are going to play mp4 if the built in video player does not. Here is a list of players most of them are free and her phone should be able to play most video files looking at its specs. Just transfer the file and try to open it I think her phone should be able to play it without downloading a player otherwise you can download and try from the list below.

http://www.techradar.com/news/softwa...r-apps-1116181
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:18 AM   #8
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
No need to convert most video players are going to play mp4 if the built in video player does not. Here is a list of players most of them are free and her phone should be able to play most video files looking at its specs. Just transfer the file and try to open it I think her phone should be able to play it without downloading a player otherwise you can download and try from the list below.

http://www.techradar.com/news/softwa...r-apps-1116181
+1

Agreed! There are Android video players for almost any conceivable modern video format, so there is no need to convert a video file for an Android phone. I use MX-Player, since it can play everything I have ever tried it with. However, concerning M4V there is one caveat. M4V files can be infected with DRM which would make them unplayable on any player not associated with the DRM source. Much like DRMed e-books.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #9
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
If you have wifi at home just install airdroid on the phone run it and it'll give you a link to type into your home computers browser, select the file browser, select the files you want to send and where to send them and sit back while they transfer to your phone.

Takes a bit longer than using a cable to copy but it's good for pure convenience, going to stay out of the what type of file it is debate but I'm sure google play will have a suitable player if the phone doesn't already.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #10
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
+1

Agreed! There are Android video players for almost any conceivable modern video format, so there is no need to convert a video file for an Android phone. I use MX-Player, since it can play everything I have ever tried it with. However, concerning M4V there is one caveat. M4V files can be infected with DRM which would make them unplayable on any player not associated with the DRM source. Much like DRMed e-books.
+1 to MX Player.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #11
alicepattinson
Banned
alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Hmmmm. Just convert the fille into mp4 format then copy and paste the files. That's it
alicepattinson is offline   Reply With Quote