Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #1
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
The Ultimate Kindle Web Bookmarks Mobi Ebook

After getting upset over how hard it is to add a bookmark or two to the Kindle Web Browser, or even to just go to a web page, I thought I would write a Mobi book of them myself to make it much easier to open a link. It is not exactly a Kindle Hack/Modification, but I think it is worth having a post of it on here.

Here is my About section on Google Sites of my Kindle Web Bookmarks:

Quote:
Kindle Web Bookmarks is a customized collection of web bookmarks based on this site: The Web Bookmarks. You can find the latest version of my site at Kindle Web Bookmarks.

Every time the site is updated you may automatically convert all the information into a MobiPocket format book, send it to an e-reader via Whispernet (or manually copy it to your Kindle using a computer and a usb connection), and browse the Internet from the Kindle home page.

Downloading of the updated bookmarks is very simple if you use calibre free e-book library manager. All you need to do is: download the python recipe here; and add a custom news fetch in calibre. You may also download the latest version of Kindle Web Bookmarks in MobiPocket format here.

Fore those who would like to use their own collection of bookmarks here is the template I used by thearr (hmi@ya.ru). You may build your own web bookmarks collections based on it and use the same python recipe to convert them into MobiPocket format.
I handpicked most of these links, and the majority should work on the Kindle. Most link to mobile versions of popular sites. There are over 800 links. They all fall under several categories:

Code:
Audiobooks
Business
Ebooks & Emagazines
Entertainment
Feeds
Forums
Games
Information
Keyboard Shortcuts
Mail
Maps
News
Portals
Shopping
Social Nets
Tools
Travel
Weather
Web Search
Link to my site:
Kindle Web Bookmarks

Link to directly download the latest version of my Mobi Book:
Kindle Web Bookmarks

Feel free to share if you have any more you think might be worth adding to this.

Last edited by inameiname; 08-16-2012 at 09:14 PM.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote