Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

View Poll Results: What Category of Material do you read most? (One only)
Fiction (i.e., novels, short stories, etc.) 59 85.51%
Non-Fiction (Histories, how to's, discoveries, etc.) 7 10.14%
Spiritual/Religious (your faith's Holy book and/or related papers) 3 4.35%
Other (Magazines, News reports, RSS, etc) 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
What Type of Material Do You Read

(I'm really getting into these polls...)

What category of material do you read?

Choose ONE.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
cancelx
Nervous Groupie
cancelx began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Pro
Faith-Based
cancelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Depends on if the question really means "what do you read most of" or "if you were stranded alone on a deserted island forever, and could only have one category of books, what would it be?" (With, of course, the caveat that "How To Build A Boat" is not allowed.)

Read most of: Erotica. Mostly fanfic slash.
If I had to read only one forever: Science fiction.

There's more free, well-written slash than free, well-written science fiction on the web.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:46 PM   #4
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cancelx View Post
Faith-Based
I must be slow on my polls, you're the second poll that an answer showed up before I posted the poll. Please go back and vote.

Thx
AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:52 PM   #5
cancelx
Nervous Groupie
cancelx began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Pro
sorry for the quick draw AJ, haha

I've just discovered Twitter, so I'm on speed reply !
cancelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2010, 05:58 PM   #6
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
That's a little difficult, because my 2 favorite genres are science fiction and Christian fiction. I think I read more Christian fiction. But seeing as how it is fiction, I went ahead and voted for fiction. If I could vote for two, my second choice would be Spiritual/Religious.
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:09 PM   #7
tmclough
Connoisseur
tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket PRO
I used to read mostly non-fiction (how-to, reference, etc.), but ever since getting back into Star Trek, I've mostly been reading ST fiction, as well as a couple of ST non-fiction titles.
tmclough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:14 PM   #8
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
If I could vote for two, my second choice would be Spiritual/Religious.
Mine too, but there just aren't that many books about my religion; I could read them all, and fiction would still be the bigger use of my time.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:21 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Science Fiction (Baen Style) and Fantasy (Pat Briggs, Mercedes Lacky, Tanya Huff...)
Who-dunits
I prefer dead tree for references and textbooks.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I read pretty much Romance and Chiklit novels, with some Historical, Mystery and Paranormal Fiction thrown in there. I do have a dictionary but it does not work well on the PP so I took it off and open my netbook when I need to look up a word specially while reading Georgette Heyer and Jane Austin I do that alot.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:04 PM   #11
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
I read mostly sf and fantasy but get through quite a bit of non-fiction too. It really depends on my mood. I may go a couple weeks where I'm only reading dark fantasy, a couple where it's sf and then a couple where it's non-fiction.

Of course I read a lot of reports/manuals/newsletters for work.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #12
QIbHom
Connoisseur
QIbHom doesn't litterQIbHom doesn't litter

Device: Aztak EZReader Pocket Pro
Sorry, not playing. I don't read just one thing. I know from my time working the floor in public libraries that most folks do.

Can't even say what my favourite genre is today, because it depends on mood, the quality and genre of the books I've been reading lately and the phase of the moon.
QIbHom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:53 PM   #13
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Why just one? I read both fiction and nonfiction, sometimes one more than the other.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:11 PM   #14
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
Fiction, before it's more on historical romance but lately I'm reading more Sci-Fi, Paranormal, Fantasy romance fiction. But still, fiction. And a few rss feed news report.
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:12 PM   #15
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I read both fiction and nonfiction, probably in equal amounts. I voted for fiction, however, as I am on a "fiction" kick right now, where I am reading more fiction than nonfiction. My non fiction reading is mostly from the fields of linguistics, history, anthropology, literary criticism and mythology. My fiction reading is varied, although I do read a lot of science fiction, fantasy, some historical fiction... it all depends on my mood.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote