Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
Is this normal behavior for a new Galaxy Tab?

I just got a wifi GT this afternoon, and plugged it in about 4 hours ago to charge. When I checked it a few minutes ago the battery indicator on the screen says 100%, but swiping/touching the screen does absolutely nothing except freeze the GT.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Mine is a 3G model on Verizon (i800), and it does not do that. I've had it turn itself off/reboot a couple of times, but it's never frozen or failed to start.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If it's still acting like this after a full night's charge I'm returning it this weekend. I'm starting to rethink that Samsung Fascinate smartphone I was looking at yesterday, too.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
That's a shame, I have no regrets about my SGT.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:14 AM   #5
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek

An all-night charge seems to make a difference. Too bad I have to go to work now and I don't have time to play with it.

And now that it works I'm back to my Fascinate vs. iPhone 4 dilemma.

Last edited by NNolan; 04-29-2011 at 06:17 AM.
Advert
Old 04-29-2011, 07:34 AM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
An all-night charge seems to make a difference. Too bad I have to go to work now and I don't have time to play with it.

And now that it works I'm back to my Fascinate vs. iPhone 4 dilemma.
Ah! Good to hear. Keep us posted. Take it with you and sneak a swipe now and then!

I much prefer my DroidX (even with it's ring-tone problems) to my iPhone 3
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #7
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
i'd suggest returning the wifi galaxy tab. buy a used 3g one, the specs are different. the 3g has the hummingbird processor and a far more powerful gpu. they changed the hardware on the wifi version.
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote