Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #91
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Hmmmm .... an idea for a new mystery .... dining with friends .... a new twist on a "tasty relationship"
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #92
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Hmmmm .... an idea for a new mystery .... dining with friends .... a new twist on a "tasty relationship"
I'd avoid poison as a method then. It could lead to killer indigestion.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #93
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I'd avoid poison as a method then. It could lead to killer indigestion.
*taking notes* good idea!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:25 AM   #94
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I didn't find this thread until just now! I kept wondering why the winners hadn't been announced yet, so tonight I asked in another thread and was led here.

Congratulations to all the contest winners! Enjoy your new toys!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:25 AM   #95
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks DW! And may I just say that I love your avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
*taking notes* good idea!
How about something that'll cook out?
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:31 AM   #96
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Thanks DW! And may I just say that I love your avatar.
Thank you! I just hope they catch the scoundrel. That's a dangerous (although quite charming) chicken.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #97
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I didn't find this thread until just now! I kept wondering why the winners hadn't been announced yet, so tonight I asked in another thread and was led here.

Congratulations to all the contest winners! Enjoy your new toys!
Glad you found the thread! Sometimes it pays to check the front page and announcements as well (hint-hint).
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #98
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Glad you found the thread! Sometimes it pays to check the front page and announcements as well (hint-hint).
You're right, of course. I don't check those areas on a regular basis. Actually, I never visit MR's front page since I have "Forums" bookmarked. Also, I've been ill during part of these last few weeks (flu), so I haven't been online as frequently. I was subscribed to two contest-related threads where I thought the winners would be announced, so that confused me even more.

I enjoyed reading the daily contest installments! The story was very well done.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:46 AM   #99
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
You're right, of course. I don't check those areas on a regular basis. Actually, I never visit MR's front page since I have "Forums" bookmarked. Also, I've been ill during part of these last few weeks (flu), so I haven't been online as frequently. I was subscribed to two contest-related threads where I thought the winners would be announced, so that confused me even more.

I enjoyed reading the daily contest installments! The story was very well done.
Sorry to hear you've been so ill DreamWriter. The flu certainly has been making the rounds this winter and it's been a pretty nasty strain too I understand. I haven't caught it which might be a mixture of luck and planning. (I got the flu shot in September). A good number of people I know came down with it though.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:01 AM   #100
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Sorry to hear you've been so ill DreamWriter. The flu certainly has been making the rounds this winter and it's been a pretty nasty strain too I understand. I haven't caught it which might be a mixture of luck and planning. (I got the flu shot in September). A good number of people I know came down with it though.
Thanks for your well wishes. My family had a very mild case of the flu. We use homeopathics and recovered quickly. Now there's a nasty norovirus (vomiting/diarrhea) going around, which we hope to avoid.

Stay healthy!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #101
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just got mine in the mail!
Old 02-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #102
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Yay! Let us know how you like it.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #103
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Apparently you are the first... or maybe just first to mention it.

Congrats again!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #104
kathyfitz
Electronics Whore
kathyfitz doesn't litterkathyfitz doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad, iPad mini, iPhone5, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Apparently you are the first... or maybe just first to mention it.

Congrats again!

BOb
I got mine too! I'm sorry I never came back to say, but it came right after I had surgery and am just getting back to so many things I should have done already! I haven't gotten to play with my new paperwhite as much as I hoped I would, but it is really awesome! Thank you MR and all the wonderful mods here!
kathyfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #105
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Yay! Let us know how you like it.
Oh, I have decided to go above and beyond on that point.

Spoiler:
I held off opening it for a couple days so as to work up my nerve for this.

Last edited by Dylrob; 02-22-2013 at 08:11 AM.