Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-13-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
pinheiro.leandro
pinheiro.leandro began at the beginning.

Device: Mobipocket Java Phone
Where Buy Ez Reader in NY?

A Friend of Mine are going to NY on next 29/Abr.

We Live in Brasil, where should him buy a Astek Ez Reader in NY City?
pinheiro.leandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:29 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinheiro.leandro View Post
A Friend of Mine are going to NY on next 29/Abr.

We Live in Brasil, where should him buy a Astek Ez Reader in NY City?
You might want to see if there is a Fry's that has it. Although I'm not sure if they sell it in their stores, or just online.

You could buy it online and have it shipped to his hotel, or where ever he is staying.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2009, 11:01 PM   #3
Shadow
Enthusiast
Shadow began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader
I got mine from Fry's here in San Jose.. they do carry them in store... but I am not sure if there is a Fry's in NY..
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:16 PM   #4
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I got mine from Fry's here in San Jose.. they do carry them in store... but I am not sure if there is a Fry's in NY..
Fry's has no any stores in NY
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:34 PM   #5
Shadow
Enthusiast
Shadow began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader
You could always order one from this site, but it's $100 more then what I paid at Fry's..

mobiebook EZ Reader
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2009, 09:55 AM   #6
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Yeah, best way to get one is have them drop by a Fry's as they had them for c. $250 the other day when I looked, unfortunately with no shipping only in-store pickup. (Sucks for me as the closest Fry's is about 250m away, and their web store price and other etailer price is a ripoff v. the Fry's price considering that I could go pickup a Sony PRS-700bc in about 15m for about the same price as the Astak direct price or c. $40 more than the other e-tailer.)

There was an ebay listing last night that I found too that had closer to a decent price, c. $270 + $10 s&h in US. Listing had astak email addresses in the description but I'm not sure if it's Astak selling directly on ebay or not.

Beyond that the Foxit eSlick is still $250 IIRC, which is some sort of netronix. (OpenInkpot says EB100, but the 400MHz ARM tends to make me believe it's their EB600 model. The upcoming EB600 'Cookie' sounds better though(Q2 2009) as it has a touch screen! Although it will probably be listed at some outrageous MSRP, yet they will have a tough time jacking the price too much as the PRS-700 is limiting them, and if they try $350, it's a no-brainer that the Sony is the better buy.)

So, for me I'm either going to break down and get the Sony, or hold out for more reasonable prices on these guys, c. $200 and that's even tough for me to justify for devices w/o lighting and touchscreen... May just end up getting an ebookwise until sanity sets in on MSRPs.

Last edited by cutterjohn42; 04-14-2009 at 09:57 AM.
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #7
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

jetBook can be the option. This model available on www.newegg.com website
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16858723001
You can read reviews on the same website. They don't charge sales tax for delivery to NY and offer free shipping by UPS
Old 04-17-2009, 04:42 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
jetBook can be the option. This model available on www.newegg.com website
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16858723001
You can read reviews on the same website. They don't charge sales tax for delivery to NY and offer free shipping by UPS
When did the Jetbook suddenly become the EZ Reader?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:58 PM   #9
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

Why you decided that Jetbook suddenly become the EZ Reader?
Old 04-17-2009, 06:00 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Not sure what you mean Jon. That link does go to a Jetbook.

OH I SEE... this thread is about where to buy an EZ Reader.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:03 PM   #11
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Not sure what you mean Jon. That link does go to a Jetbook.

OH I SEE... this thread is about where to buy an EZ Reader.

BOb

It is impossible to buy Ez Reader in NY City offline but jetBook available in NY stores like J&R or BB&B so it can be the option for person who looking for eBook reader
Old 04-17-2009, 06:04 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Why you decided that Jetbook suddenly become the EZ Reader?
Because the OP asked about the EZ Reader. So I think you've gotten the two mixed up.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote