Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-23-2008, 06:22 AM   #1
barney111
barney111 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3 iRex iLiad
PC Connected to Cybook

Hello All

Got my new Cybook yesterday (well not new second hand 64mb) I have been lurking around the forum for a while just trying to learn before I commited.
I had previously used my Treo 750v for reading ebooks and I am really chuffed with my Cybook.
Went to bed early just to read it.
I have succesfully flashed the new firmware but have'nt had the opportunity yet to test its efficacy but it seems to have worked.
Your help would be appreciated on the following
I have auto off is it best left this way?
When connected to computer with the usb cable showing on screen
and an orange led is it still charging?
When I was charging the battery yesterday it went from a red led to
no light at all after approx 3 hours is this normal or should it have switched to green first?
Thanks for your help now and in the past couple of months helping me to increase my knowledge with this great piece of kit.

Best

barney111
barney111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:02 AM   #2
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Hi, Barney. Welcome to MR and congratulations for youru new Cybook.

- The Auto Off is always a good idea. After a certain time of inactivity, it turns off the Cybook, economizinig the battery. This is automatically disabled if you're hearing mp3s.
- About the light colours: Green = on, Orange = on and charging, Red = off and charging.
- When the battery is full, the light will turn off (if the Cybook was off) or green (if it was on).

Cheers!
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2008, 07:12 AM   #3
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi

First congrats for your Cybook, it’s an outstanding machine is it not?

Trying to answer your questions:

1 - it’s a question of personal choice. I myself when not reading for some time I return to the library and turn it off, as to boot it up is 20 to 25 seconds anyway. But I have it with auto disconnect on for 30 minutes in case I forget to turn it off;

2 - yes. If the usb port of a computer has power enough to charge the Cybook and it is not a 100% charged, it charges it. HarryT as reported several times he just needs the 10 to 15 minutes connection to a PC for copy files and stuff, and that is enough to maintain his Cybook totally charged;

3 - it as been known to happen, there is even people who reported it does not show a green light at all when it’s full charged. I myself , besides the first charge where I was paying attention, I saw the green light, then maybe once more, all the other times I do not even check.

Enjoy your reading, best,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:19 AM   #4
barney111
barney111 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3 iRex iLiad
Thanks to both will now put Auto Off On!

Best

barney111
barney111 is offline   Reply With Quote