Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #1066
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo aura hd, kobo mini, Sony prs-t3
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
serdar, did you insgall koreader using fmon? I am considering getting an Aura, but I am afraid of bricking it, and wanted some reassurance that some mods are easy peasy - I would definitely want koreader to work as I find the native pdf reader painful to use.
No problem on aura.
xping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:16 AM   #1067
ninja81
ninja81 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hello, is there a way to enable nightmode on koreader? Tnx.
ninja81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:25 AM   #1068
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One limited ed. 2017-32 GB + Kobo Clara 2E 2022
re: new 6" kobo aura: I installed first the firmware update, then the pbchess launcher (1.2.6.32), then ko-reader, I've done it three times now, no probl.

(and don't make the mistake and log out of your user account, then you'll have to log in again with the kobo software and all you books will be synched anew, takes hours)

re: reading reflowed pdf's (nightly build 986 and earlier) - I get occasional jumps to the end of the book, or about 200 or so pages forward, and sometimes the text of just one page gets huge

Last edited by serdar0020; 04-02-2014 at 03:29 AM.
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #1069
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
@yayo, @xping, @serdar0020: thank you all, this is very reassuring, so it looks like I'd be getting myself an Aura :-)
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:51 AM   #1070
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar0020 View Post
: ... and sometimes the text of just one page gets huge
Apparently, that is the free zoom feature that is enabled by the double tap gesture. See issue 529 here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...mment-39384173 .

Last edited by Markismus; 04-03-2014 at 04:10 AM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:00 AM   #1071
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by serdar0020 View Post
I get occasional jumps to the end of the book, or about 200 or so pages forward, ...
I wonder whether this could have something to do with the bookmarkgesture "two-finger-swipe west".
Old 04-03-2014, 09:53 AM   #1072
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

Unhappy

Quote:
@yayo, @xping, @serdar0020: thank you all, this is very reassuring, so it looks like I'd be getting myself an Aura :-)
surely it is the best looking device.... but attention! Display is not repaired by border like other kobos. It is very very very easy to break,,,, and I can say it loudly.... ...
Old 04-03-2014, 03:37 PM   #1073
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xping View Post
surely it is the best looking device.... but attention! Display is not repaired by border like other kobos. It is very very very easy to break,,,, and I can say it loudly.... ...
o no, sorry to hear about that! Actually I have ordered a cover even before ordering the Aura, as I am paranoid about breakages, did your Aura have a cover?
Old 04-04-2014, 09:19 AM   #1074
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Paperwhite
Don't know what you are doing with ereaders - carrying mine in jacket pocket without any cover.
stasys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #1075
xping
Connoisseur

Quote:
o no, sorry to hear about that! Actually I have ordered a cover even before ordering the Aura, as I am paranoid about breakages, did your Aura have a cover?
Yes I have original kobo case (quaderno with spring) but it was not enaugh to avoid breakage
Old 04-04-2014, 12:36 PM   #1076
xping
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasys View Post
Don't know what you are doing with ereaders - carrying mine in jacket pocket without any cover.
You can do eveything with them but you have to avoid pressure on screen
Old 04-06-2014, 01:11 PM   #1077
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasys View Post
for some obscure reason, ladies' jacket generally do not have internal pockets - and I rarely wear jackets anyway
Old 04-08-2014, 05:26 PM   #1078
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Thanks to all people who made possible this AWESOME reader, I love to read pdfs in my kobo mini

Back to nickel from koreader does work, but the screen is not refreshed. I solved this issue simulating a touch in the home button of my mini, this is device-specific and you need to get the bin input for your device first.

From telnet/ssh:

# cat /dev/input/event1 > homebutton

then I touch "one time" the home button and exit from the last command with "Ctrl+C"
To test if your bin file work try this command:

# cat homebutton > /dev/input/event1

You should see nickel's home after an e-ink update.

Another thing I would love to see on kobo's port of koreader is a working translation: AFAIK translation does not work because it relies on gettext and gettext is not found on kobo firmware. I built gettext from kobo with armhf toolchain and install it but had no effect. I tried to load libintl via LD_PRELOAD too ..

Could you please provide me some feedback to get the work done? Thanks

By the way, this is my first post on the forum, happy to meet you
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:46 AM   #1079
Markismus
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Back to nickel from koreader does work, but the screen is not refreshed. I solved this issue simulating a touch in the home button of my mini, this is device-specific and you need to get the bin input for your device first
By the way, this is my first post on the forum, happy to meet you
Welcome! Nice Hacking.

The binary input from the home button is not only device specific, the homebutton itself is! On my Aura, HD and Glo there is no homebutton present!

However, I would like to try what your binary would do on my Aura! Could you post it?
I've reopend the issue When koreader exits and continues Kobo Nickel, the screen doesn't refresh. #448 on github for this.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:01 AM   #1080
Markismus
Guru

Gettext

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Another thing I would love to see on kobo's port of koreader is a working translation: AFAIK translation does not work because it relies on gettext and gettext is not found on kobo firmware. I built gettext from kobo with armhf toolchain and install it but had no effect. I tried to load libintl via LD_PRELOAD too ..

Could you please provide me some feedback to get the work done?
I see you also posted it on github. As Houqp wrote: "This should be handled right after the release when we are updating all the upstream libs I think." That release was yesterday. I am sure he and Giorgio will welcome your help to get the 3rd party library in place.

Last edited by Markismus; 04-09-2014 at 04:40 AM.