Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
johnswolter
johnswolter began at the beginning.

Device: Not yet
Calibre on Win 7 install path character limit

As I installed Calibre on Win 7 Home Premium I found there is a 59 character path limit. I also found that the installer is not able to install to a subfolder inside the Programs or Program(x86) folder. It appears the permissions are not allowing the install to create directories.

Are there any workarounds for these problems?
johnswolter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnswolter View Post
As I installed Calibre on Win 7 Home Premium I found there is a 59 character path limit.
Any path limit is an OS limit not calibre's limit.

Quote:
I also found that the installer is not able to install to a subfolder inside the Programs or Program(x86) folder. It appears the permissions are not allowing the install to create directories.
Calibre installs in a sub-directory under the Program(x86) folder by default. It sounds like you are experiencing a problem on your system because calibre's installer isn't limited in the manner you discuss. Make sure you are logged in as an Administrator and try again.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
As I installed Calibre on Win 7 Home Premium I found there is a 59 character path limit. I also found that the installer is not able to install to a subfolder inside the Programs or Program(x86) folder. It appears the permissions are not allowing the install to create directories.

Are there any workarounds for these problems?
Calibre does not have any problem installing on My W7HP (I do have admin rights). UAC will ask for permission.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote