Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
wilbrich
Connoisseur
wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo (original), Sony Tablet, Sony PRS505
White Fog!

I'm wondering if any other Vox users have experienced what I call "white fog". I use mVideoplayer to watch AVI videos. On more than one occasion but still infrequently, the video is gradually obscured from the top of the screen to the bottom by a slowly creeping white fog that, first, freezes the video and then, after about a minute, completely envelopes the screen. The audio continues uninterrupted but the screen is entirely white. The only recourse when this happens is a hard re-start as none of the buttons on the Vox will work. Now I have no idea whether this is the player, the video file or, perhaps, the Vox software. Any one else experience this? Any theories?
wilbrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
suedenim
Connoisseur
suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox
I get this on occasion with Meridian - why it occurs, who knows?
Could be a sleep issue or overheating graphics components.
suedenim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
wilbrich
Connoisseur
wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo (original), Sony Tablet, Sony PRS505
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedenim View Post
I get this on occasion with Meridian - why it occurs, who knows?
Could be a sleep issue or overheating graphics components.
Well, at least I'm not alone. Thanks for the post. This is only a minor annoyance so I'll live with it.
wilbrich is offline   Reply With Quote