Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-15-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
kookiie
kookiie began at the beginning.

Device: none
comic.txt UTF-8 for manga

Okey i got all my manga on my computer now and getting my Sony-PRS650 tomorrow but the problem is i dont know how to create this comic.txt that i need to insert into my .cbc file that will contain my manga.

I also wonder if there is any program to create a list more easily then writing such a file with over 1000 chapters would be a pain!
kookiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
If you are using Windows, you could do it in a dos box (run cmd).

cd comicdirectory
dir *.cbr > comic.txt

(assuming they are all cbr format).

If they are mixed format you would need to use the one above, then this:

dir *.cbz >> comic.txt

Last edited by mr ploppy; 11-15-2010 at 05:32 PM.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:50 PM   #3
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
What is a comic.txt file and why do you think you need it? Also, what is a .cbc file? I've never heard of either of those, and I have read more comics and manga on my PRS-300 than I would care to count. (I simply convert them with comiclrf or Calibre.)
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
kookiie
kookiie began at the beginning.

Device: none
i have alot of manga Chapters in the format .Cbz you can put them all into a .cbc file with a text file named Comics.txt with a chapter list like this:
if your chapter file names is 001, 002, 003, 004
Then you put
001.cbz:Chapter 1
002.cbz:Chapter 2
003.cbz:Chapter 3
004.cbz:chapter 4
Then you will get a nice table of content
http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...ok-collections

Then i convert the .cbc file into .LRF with calibre and i will get one nice and neat file with a table of content but the problem i am having is that is going to be a pain to write such a list without some kind of shortcut if you have over 1000 chapters.

I found a nice guide though

The table of contents file is a bit trickier. First you want a directory listing of all your files. This page tells you how to do it with command prompt:
http://liveslick.com/2007/10/18/make...pt-in-seconds/
but i'm sure there are programs for that as well. So after that you should have a txt file with a list of all the .cbz chapters that looks like
Seriesx 001.cbz
Seriesx 002.cbz
Seriesx 003.cbz

Next you have to add chapter names. This bit a tough but i've sort of got it figured out. First you copy everything in that txt file into microsoft word. It should look like
Seriesx 001.cbz
Seriesx 002.cbz
Seriesx 003.cbz

Make the first line into
'Seriesx 001.cabz: Chapter ' and type ctrl f9 after the word Chapter. There should be a little bracketted box now in which you type 'SEQ aaa' (can be anything but needs SEQ).
Now click the bracketted box and press f9. The box should turn into a number 1.
Next use ctrl F, go to replace, find 'cbz' and replace it with 'cbz: Chapter ^c'
Each line should say Chapter 1 after it now. Then press ctrl A and press F9, all of the chapters should now have a sequential number after them.
Next rename Seriesx 001.cabz back to Seriesx 001.cbz (that was just to avoid it appearing in the find and replace)

Now open notepad and paste that list into it. Go to file, save as and save it as comics.txt in UTF-8 format. Finally add this file into a zip with all the .cbz chapters, rename it to .cbc, copy it into calibre and convert it to an epub.

i did exactly as the guide said and in word i just get

001.cabz:Chapter1
002.cbz:Chapter 001.cbz
002.cbz
003.cbz
004.cbz

First i copy the list from notepad to microsoft word then i replace the first line with 001.cabz:Chapter then i press ctrl+f9 and get {} then i write {seq aaa} then mark the box and press f9 and it turn into:
001.cabz:Chapter 1
After that i press Ctrl+F and write "Cbz" into the box that is named "Find what:"
Then i input "cbz:Chapter ^c" into the box named "Replace with"
Then i press the button Replace all and then it just dont work :/

Do anyone know what i do wrong?
kookiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:19 PM   #5
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
What is a comic.txt file and why do you think you need it? Also, what is a .cbc file? I've never heard of either of those, and I have read more comics and manga on my PRS-300 than I would care to count. (I simply convert them with comiclrf or Calibre.)
It's a Calibre thing, cbc is a bunch of cbr files in a zip, the txt file tells it what the reading order is and it uses that to make individual chapters. If you only have one cbr to convert you don't need it.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote