Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-22-2010, 12:10 AM   #1
Beau
Connoisseur
Beau doesn't litterBeau doesn't litter

Device: Sony 700, ipod Touch, iphone, Galaxy Tab
Error trying to do epub conversion after most recent update

I just updated to 0.6.48. My library seems to be all there, I can open and read books.

After adding some books, I attempt to convert to epub and get this message:

ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>DatabaseException</b>:database disk image is malformed
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 127, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 76, in get
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tools.py", line 141, in do_book
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\single.py", line 95, in get_input_format_for_book
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\single.py", line 73, in get_preferred_input_format_for_book
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\config.py", line 48, in load_specifics
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database.py", line 1075, in conversion_options
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 163, in run
DatabaseException: database disk image is malformed
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 127, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 76, in get

You may remember me from before with some other error, but since then I've restored and reformated my comp. I'm running Vista.Any ideas?

Thanks!
Beau
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:39 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The line

means that the metadata database calibre uses is corrupted. I would suggest waiting till the next release (the current one has a bug) and then going to Preferences->advanced->check database integrity
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
Beau
Connoisseur

OK, I can do that. Thank you very much!

Beau
Old 04-24-2010, 01:48 AM   #4
Beau
Connoisseur

I've don the update. Attempting to run check I get the following error:

ERROR: Error: Failed to check database integrity

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\config\__init__.py", line 786, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 1399, in check_integrity
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 163, in run
DatabaseException: database disk image is malformed
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 119, in run
File "sqlite3\dump.py", line 49, in _iterdump

Any other thoughts? Is it possible to salvage this mess?

Beau
Old 04-24-2010, 06:23 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Do the following:

1) Select all books (press Ctrl+A)
2) Save to disk in some separate directory
3) shutdown calibre
4) look at the saved to disk books to make sure that they are there with a .opf file
5) delete the contents calibre library folder
6) restart calibre
7) You should get a new empty library
8) make sure this library works (that is add a single book and try converting it)
9) if it work click the arrow next to the add books button and select add books from sub directories (single book per folder) and then choose the folder where you previously saved your books. That should recreate your library with all metadata intact.

Alternatively if you've been backing up your calibre library just restore one of the backups from before the problem appeared,
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2010, 07:54 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you have the disk space I would recommend that for Step 5) you simply rename the Calibre Library folder as at that point everything you currently have is still intact.

After you have completed the rest of the process Kovid outlined and everything is OK you can then delete the renamed folder to free up the space.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:56 AM   #7
Beau
Connoisseur

We'll do. I had already started to try to save to disk. Parallels keeps crashing while I do it, but it seems to continue on. I'm certain the error is in the database somewhere as it is not functioning on the synced computer either.

Thanks again for all of the help!
Beau