Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Article:E-book readers still owned by small niche

CNet News article on my web page:
http://earthlink.com.com/8301-1023_3...part=earthlink

discussing statistics on who owns ebook reades, what price they will pay, who plans to buy one.

Non-biased but only mentions Kindles and Sony's.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:46 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I don't know about the writer of the article but I usually derive more entertainment from a book than a 4-minute audio track. True, I think quite a number of ebooks are overpriced, but as long as they're $1~$2 cheaper than mass market paperback editions, I'll be happy.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
In January of 1983 I bought a new player for music. It was called the Sony CDP101 and there were only a few places to get disks for it. It was a niche item.

In 1998 I bought a little device to play compressed music files called a RIO from diamond. It was a niche item.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:37 AM   #4
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks for that, AJ.

I think I understand now why these survey results are so unlike my own preferences. They are getting their responses from Kindle owners, so they are being told that internet access and bells and whistles are important.

The Kindle set-up has never appealled to me, so my preferences are unlike the survey responses. Again I say, give me a stripped down reader with a lower price.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:20 AM   #5
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
In January of 1983 I bought a new player for music. It was called the Sony CDP101 and there were only a few places to get disks for it. It was a niche item.

In 1998 I bought a little device to play compressed music files called a RIO from diamond. It was a niche item.
It is a bit of a shocker this article, a new piece of technology having an early adopter phase, how could they have seen that happening.

You do have to wonder how many times these same figures can get used in an article as I think its about the 3rd one thats been linked on here.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2009, 06:23 AM   #6
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I don't know about the writer of the article but I usually derive more entertainment from a book than a 4-minute audio track. True, I think quite a number of ebooks are overpriced, but as long as they're $1~$2 cheaper than mass market paperback editions, I'll be happy.
Never charging more for the ebook version than the paperback version would be a good start.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote