Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 08-11-2016, 06:06 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
having problems setting up cc on my phone

I connected to content sever, and had all my books going to my SD card. But when I tried reading a book, it said I needed a reading program. I already had Moon + Pro, but went ahead and downloaded Moon +. Same error message. So I looked at some FAQs, and used the kindle folder as my download folder. Now I get I cannot connect, because it says the files are read only. Every file has DRM removed, so I have no idea what could be causing the problem except the kindle folder. I get the same error message trying to connect to content server or as wireless device.

I think I am going to copy the settings on my Fire, which is working wonderfully. I will be back.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:10 PM   #2
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Didn't work. I never had this problem with my Fire. When I press Open Book With ...
I get the option to cancel or FAQ. No option to point it to Moon + Pro
Advert
Old 08-12-2016, 05:27 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You didn't say what sort of phone you are using, but I am willing to guess that it is a Samsung and that the phone or CC has been recently upgraded. Several people have reported problems with Samsung not properly updating, with the result that SD cards don't work in CC or CC.

The fix is usually to uninstall and reinstall CC. See our FAQ How do I reinstall CC without losing all my book information? for instructions. It is highly likely that you will re-tell CC which folder on the SD card contains your books (Settings / Formats and folders).

Sending me a CC debug log might help pinpoint what is going on with the SD card and missing reader problems. See How do I get help? for instructions. Please erase the multipie.co.uk address if you send a log.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:28 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

It is a blackberry priv. I will uninstall and reinstall. Thanks
Old 08-14-2016, 01:48 PM   #5
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Thanks. I uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, and got the same issue-won't open in read. I sent the debug file.

Debra
Advert
Old 08-14-2016, 02:11 PM   #6
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Fooling around with Moon+ I should also note all my books are AZW3. On my Fire, I just open CC, click on a book, and I can read it. I would love to be able to do that on my phone as well, in case I forget my fire, I always have my phone with me.
Old 08-14-2016, 02:41 PM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Fooling around with Moon+ I should also note all my books are AZW3.
ahh, that explains it. Moon+ does not support AZW3. It does support MOBI and EPUB.

FBReader supports AZW3.

The Kindle for Android does as well, but it does not play at all well with CC. However, it might permit syncing reading positions with the Fire.
Old 08-14-2016, 02:42 PM   #8
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Maybe I've got hold of the wrong end of the stick but I wasn't aware that Moon+ could read azw3 files. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Too late! Ninja'd again.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 02:42 PM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Maybe I've got hold of the wrong end of the stick but I wasn't aware that Moon+ could read azw3 files. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
I wish you were wrong ...
Old 08-14-2016, 02:55 PM   #10
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I'm a bit surprised to hear that FBReader claims to read azw3s. Does it read them flawlessly or only sort-of-some-of-the-time.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:00 PM   #11
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I'm a bit surprised to hear that FBReader claims to read azw3s. Does it read them flawlessly or only sort-of-some-of-the-time.
FBReader successfully opens AZW3 files passed by CC. I have no idea if it does it "right" or if it honors the formatting at all. I use neither the reader app nor the format. That said, no one has mentioned that it fails in some spectacular way.

Also, FBReader doesn't directly advertise that it works. I found that it could open AZW3 because a user had tried it. I had to read its app manifest to work out how to launch it. That could be a clue of some sort.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:24 PM   #12
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Thank you! FBReader worked fine. I think it is odd the Fire works fine, but another android device is giving me a read only. May fool around with that a little, as I don't want to have to convert all my books for a second time. I get them all in epub, and then convert to AZW3.

Thanks,
Debra
Old 08-15-2016, 02:40 PM   #13
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I think it is odd the Fire works fine, but another android device is giving me a read only.
On the Fire, CC offers the native Amazon reader app for all Amazon formats. If it is the only app that supports a format then CC goes directly to it. The same thing would happen if you installed Kindle for Android on your blackberry with the exception that K4A will not open a book when launched by CC, which in my mind makes K4A close to useless.

You are using the native app of the Fire if CC asks you if it is OK to reset the reading position to the beginning. You might have disabled that message.