Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-05-2015, 05:25 PM   #1
Pantyboy
Pantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch Not Allowing Uploaded Books

Hi there

Hope someone can point me in the right direction here.

It's been a few months since I used my Kobo Touch (N905) but it's now back in use and a couple of days ago I updated the firmware to the latest version (3.18.0).

However, since then, if I add any new books to it via Calibre, the books don't appear but what does is an entry with a blank thumbnail and the entry "Unknown Author" with "Buy Now" on the right.

All the books on the eReader that were uploaded before the firmware update are all available as normal, it's only new books.

Any ideas?

Is it a Kobo or Calibre thing?

Regards

Pb
Pantyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:33 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have you double checked the date / time on the device?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2015, 05:48 PM   #3
Pantyboy
Pantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Touch
Yep, all OK.

I've just completed a factory reset and updated accordingly. I've also authorised ADE (which I have a sneaky suspicion may be the answer).
Pantyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:02 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantyboy View Post
Yep, all OK.

I've just completed a factory reset and updated accordingly. I've also authorised ADE (which I have a sneaky suspicion may be the answer).
ADE and authorising the device is only useful for epubs with Adobe DRM. If you send these to the device from calibre, they won't load properly. I would expect to see the correct metadata, but the rest sounds right. If you have epubs with Adobe DRM, you need to send them to the device using ADE or remove the DRM so that calibre can handle them properly. For the latter, see https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kobo touch