Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-28-2018, 10:57 PM   #1
chewlm86
chewlm86 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis, Kindle Oasis 2
Talking Hello Everyone

Hello everyone from mobileread, I am Chew from Malaysia. A fan of using kindle for reading programming related books.

I started using a kindle 4 year ago, when i felt that reading on the iPad for an extended period of time is really hard on my eye.

So i gotten the Kindle Paperwhite for my first kindle, to my surprise it really does feel like reading on a paper. It works great with epub(converted to azw3), but pdf is a pain to read.
And so after some research, i found out about KOreader and jailbreaking. The jailbreaking instruction on mobileread was really easy follow through, and then reading pdf on PW was really a joy.

After that amazon released kindle voyage with a higher resolution of 300PPI than PW. I ended up buying one, coz i though it would be nice to view more content. But at that time what i didn't realize was that the only way to jailbreak the KV was through the serial port. So i took the risk and got the tools to do it, my heart was beating like crazy. lol.
In the end i manage to jailbreak it.

The only problem i have with the KV is the screen button is too easy to miss press when i operate it with one hand.
Then the Kindle Oasis(2016) got released. the form factor make holding it with a single hand much easier. Thank fully i didn't need to open this up to do the jailbreak.

Then came the Kindle Oasis(2017) with a larger screen, everyone love larger screen right? Just ordered, and looking forward to getting it this week.
chewlm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:08 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Chew and welcome to MobileRead. Nice intro.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote