Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #91
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
[QUOTE=GoSharks;1603287][QUOTE=phenomshel;1601485]

1. I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Quote:

Is this a "Pricess Bride" reference? If so, who in the Llounge qualifies as an ROUS? ......I'm just trying to learn all of the players here!
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Everything in life, for all time, is a Princess Bride reference. Trust me on this.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Inconceivable!!!!
YES!!!!
(can't wait to see what y'all do with this reply.....)
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:56 PM   #92
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post

Yes.

Yes.

YES!!!!
(can't wait to see what y'all do with this reply.....)
This sounds like the script of a late-night movie on Cinemax.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:56 PM   #93
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
[QUOTE=CWatkinsNash;1603467][QUOTE=phenomshel;1603464]
Quote:

orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #94
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:

Your post made my day!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #95
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post

Your post made my day!
*takes a bow*

Well, Shel seemed to have high hopes, and I didn't want to let her down. My brain tends to veer in that direction anyway.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:08 PM   #96
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
*takes a bow*

Well, Shel seemed to have high hopes, and I didn't want to let her down. My brain tends to veer in that direction anyway.

Yep, you read my mind, I figured that's where someone was going to go with it!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:36 PM   #97
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
My brain tends to veer in that direction anyway.
That would explain alot about your previous "can you please me" typo....you were working on a script!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #98
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
That would explain alot about your previous "can you please me" typo....you were working on a script!
THOSE are NOT the kind of scripts I work on, thank you very much. For one thing, they could be written by a teenage boy. In fact, I suspect some of them are.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:45 AM   #99
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
THOSE are NOT the kind of scripts I work on, thank you very much. For one thing, they could be written by a teenage boy. In fact, I suspect some of them are.
Now, now....perhaps the ...uhh, scimpiness... of the dialog is simply to allow the actors to utilize their...uhh... depth of ...uhhh....talents... and,uhh... physical..uhh...improvisation to ...oh,hell...fine - teenage boys!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:26 AM   #100
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Actual dialog from Twilight draft script:

"He's a vampire? Like no frickin' way!"
"Way!"
"Well, I don't care 'cause he's so frickin' hot. I mean,m did you even see his abs?"
"Oooh yeah, he can bite my neck anytime."

lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #101
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Okay, I figured my friends here in the "I Appreciate You Guys Club" (IAYGC for short) would be appreciate the absurdity of the conversation that occurred in my house.

Background info: There'a TV commercial for flea stuff (I think Frontline) that has an animated segment of green ninjas kicking flea-a$$ on a dog. I don't use Frontline, I use something different, but my roommate and I love that commercial.

I walk into the living room, and my roommate is using the flea comb on the dog.

Me:
Quote:
Why are you doing that? The flea stuff is working.
John:
Quote:
I'm still getting fleas off of him though. I found three today.
Me:
Quote:
Well, yeah, they get on him. It's not a force field. But they'll die before they lay eggs.
John:
Quote:
I know, but it doesn't hurt to get them off.
*picks a flea off the comb and drops it in a glass of soapy water*

Me:
Quote:
John, don't you like the ninjas?
John:
Quote:
Of course I like the ninjas.
Me:
Quote:
Then let them do their job. If the ninjas run out of flea a$$es to kick, they might come after you.
John: *somehow keeping a straight face*
Quote:
It just seems wrong that the flea has to bite him before it dies.
Me:
Quote:
But that's how life works. Something bites you, you kill it. And Teddy gets to tell the big dogs, "Fleas? Heh, when something bites me, I kill it." It gives him street cred.
John:
Quote:
Really?
Me:
Quote:
Yes. Really.
Welcome to my life.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #102
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Awesome!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:07 PM   #103
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
...Welcome to my life.
I'm wondering if that is all happening in your head, or in reality...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #104
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
<snip>
Welcome to my life.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #105
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I'm wondering if that is all happening in your head, or in reality...
Oh, it's all too real. We have some of the strangest conversations. But then, we're talking about a man who claims that the Ice Fairy fills the ice trays while we're sleeping, and me, who plays along. It's a very interesting household.