Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-11-2009, 06:44 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
25% off Magazine Subs at Fictionwise

From now until November 30th, one and two year magazine subscriptions attract a 25% micropay rebate. NB This even applies when buying with Micropay! The following magazines are included in the offer:

The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction.
Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine.
Analog Science Fiction.
Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine.
Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine.
Black Static Horror Magazine.
Interzone Science Fiction and Fantasy Magazine.

This 25% rebate is in addition to the 15% off available to club members, so club members get an effective discount of just over 36%!

Even without club membership, this rebate makes the subscriptions much better than the same subs at the Kindle store. And at fictionwise you get "permanent" access to all issues, not just the last three months!

There's also a special bundle offer on all last year's issues (2008) of The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction. Now available for over 50% off: $24/$20.40. That's 11 issues (one double-length).

And I've pledged not to buy any more ebooks until 1st December! Luckily my subscriptions for Analog, Asimov's and F&SF all have more than two years to run, so with a bit a luck a similar promotion will turn up before they run out.

Last edited by pdurrant; 11-12-2009 at 05:08 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:35 AM   #2
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Good news, my F&SF only has one more issue - got to check my Analog too.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2009, 01:46 AM   #3
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Hmm.. this might be what tips the scales. And that offer on last year's FS&F is hard to pass up too. Hmm....
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:56 AM   #4
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
There's also a special bundle offer on all last year's issues (2008) of The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction. Now available for over 50% off: $24/$20.40. That's 11 issues (one double-length).
I always hate to ask this, but I'm at a loss here. I tried looking for that deal, or any bundle at all for FS&F, and came up empty. Could you please put up a link to that bundle deal?
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:09 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaldo View Post
Could you please put up a link to that bundle deal?
I've added the link to the original post. And just in case, here it is:
http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/m...=book&bi=97932
Advert
Old 11-12-2009, 05:33 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaldo View Post
Hmm.. this might be what tips the scales. And that offer on last year's FS&F is hard to pass up too. Hmm....
Let's work together not to buy these!

Say with me (louder, please): "I will not buy these! I will not buy these!"

Remember, there is strength in numbers.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:34 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I've added the link to the original post. And just in case, here it is:
http://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/m...=book&bi=97932
You are an EVIL, EVIL person!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:10 AM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I think you're getting your threads confused. This thread is in "Deals Freebies and Resources".

It's not the "no buying" thread over in the lounge: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60448
where ficbot fell off the wagon after just eleven days!

I'm still holding strong, although the combination of 100% micropay rebate on everything (except subscriptions) and 25% rebate on subscriptions was quite a strain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Don
Old 11-12-2009, 09:09 AM   #9
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Don,

I'll join you in the boycott (then again, I already have these ...)
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:31 AM   #10
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I am intersted in Fantasy & Science Fiction magazine but am reluctant to subscribe without seeing how a sample copy appears on my Sony 505. Does anyone have an issue -- content or age don't matter as I'm only interested in see how it appears on the Sony -- that they would be willing to share with me that is in LRF format so I can see how it looks? Thanks.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:03 PM   #11
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Unfortunately, the bundle is an "all or nothing" and I already have 7 of the 11 issues included, and I'm not about to pay $6 each for the other four as they aren't discounting or adjusting for issues one already has.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:09 AM   #12
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
I am intersted in Fantasy & Science Fiction magazine but am reluctant to subscribe without seeing how a sample copy appears on my Sony 505. Does anyone have an issue -- content or age don't matter as I'm only interested in see how it appears on the Sony -- that they would be willing to share with me that is in LRF format so I can see how it looks? Thanks.
Sure, I could get an lrf version of one of mine if you like, and want to send me a message.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:34 AM   #13
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
Sure, I could get an lrf version of one of mine if you like, and want to send me a message.
Thanks, Blue, but I no longer need to see a copy. Another MR member was kind enough to send me an old copy to look at. Unfortunately, although I love to read books on my Sony, I still can't wrap myself around reading newspapers and magazines. It took me all of 1 minute to realize that I would not enjoy reading F&SF on my Sony. Maybe when I get a larger screen reader my perception will change.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #14
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Looks like they switched the rebate to CC only. Won't work when paying by micropay (and the newsletter specifically does not state you need to pay by CC).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:34 PM   #15
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Thank goodness... I almost gave in.

Although it's still a good deal, even if CC/PayPal only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Looks like they switched the rebate to CC only. Won't work when paying by micropay (and the newsletter specifically does not state you need to pay by CC).