Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-20-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
deathrioter
deathrioter began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Vox
slight problem, please help :(

Hey everyone! i got a problem that i cant seem to figure out and was wondering if anyone could help.

so i bought a Vox and i want to add couple comic books to it. on my desktop they are cbz format, so i would need to change it to a picture format right? well i changed it to a jpeg and it still doesn't show up?

is there a certain folder i have to add it to? because i just add it to the main directory. Thanks in advanced everyone
deathrioter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:38 PM   #2
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Install a comic reader app like perfect viewer and no need to convert the files.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 12:41 AM   #3
deathrioter

do i just download it from the "get apps" icon? because i cant find it
Old 03-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #4
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

https://sites.google.com/site/rookiestudio/
Old 03-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrioter View Post
do i just download it from the "get apps" icon? because i cant find it
"Droid Comic Viewer" is the standard and, yes, is available at GetJar, which is the market the Vox uses through that icon. Or should be. GetJar's web site is annoying and won't let me set a device properly so that it can be limited to what can run on it. :/
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
deathrioter

thx for the help you two . i was starting to lose my mind. GetJar really isn't the greatest app market unfortunately.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #7
mr_nobody
Evangelist

Never used droid comic viewer (or I did briefly and disliked it...can't remember which)...but perfect viewer behaves exactly how I expect a comic viewer to so I will stick with it. Also, with the pdf plugin, perfect viewer can view pdfs.