Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-21-2020, 02:57 PM   #1
Tazling
Tazling began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Marvin
Question Sideloading epubs?

I use the handy dandy iExplorer to perform manual backups of selected content from my iPad. I notice that Marvin's ebooks are quite plainly visible as .epub files in its folder on the iPad. At the moment I've got an internet connectivity problem which has separated me from DropBox (it's a long story) and so can't import books into Marvin by my usual method -- stuff 'em in DropBox and then import from DB into Marvin.

So my question is, if I were to just brute-copy epubs into the Marvin folder, using iExplorer, would Marvin discover them, index them, import them properly? Or would it be confused (or worse, would I corrupt its rather good internal database/index)?

Has anyone else tried side-loading epubs into Marvin without using the app's own import protocol?
Tazling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:38 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I've transferred files to Marvin via USB using iTunes File Sharing and that works perfectly fine. I'm not familiar with iExplorer so no idea if that will work the same way.

To be safe, I recommend creating a backup within Marvin first (General settings - backup and restore - Backup now) and save the backup to a safe location. This backs up your books and Marvin's database. Then you can try if copying via iExplorer works.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, filesystem, loading