Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-20-2019, 01:41 PM   #61
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I've finally moved evtest, evemu & cURL in there .

Note that evtest isn't symlinked, because Kobo ships with the bb version. If you can't be bothered to type the full path, evemu-record will do the same job .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 02:11 PM   #62
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
they ship some (ancient?) flavor of evtest, it's not busybox though
and it prints all crazy coordinates for the touchscreen :-)

no idea how to use it even if it works.
I pretty much just re-implemented evtest in shellscript (the part that I care about)
https://gist.github.com/frostschutz/...8d794d86e1c146

Last edited by frostschutz; 07-20-2019 at 02:33 PM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 02:53 PM   #63
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Got my wires crossed w/ Kindle then .

And, oh, wow, is it useless indeed .
Old 09-02-2019, 11:53 AM   #64
NiLuJe
BLAM!

The latest version includes slight modifications to the USBNet script, of relevance for people who might want to plug multiple devices to the same computer: the NIC portion of the MAC address is now based on the device model & S/N, instead of using 00:00:00.

(And it's also now truly standalone, it previously relied on either nickel being alive, or PLATFORM being set in the env).
Old 09-02-2019, 05:17 PM   #65
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
they ship some (ancient?) flavor of evtest, it's not busybox though
and it prints all crazy coordinates for the touchscreen :-)
Whatever it is it's pretty useless. :P
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 05:43 PM   #66
NiLuJe
BLAM!

While updating to libfuse3 for sshfs, I somehow remembered that Kobo kernels don't ship with FUSE enabled.

Because sshfs is fun, I tried to see if I could get FUSE modules to build & actually behave on Kobo...

So, after a bit of tinkering, here it is.

For now, I'm only attaching stuff that I could test myself. There's a vague chance the H2O modules will work on other Mk. 5 devices. Same for other Mk. 7 devices with the Forma ones.

This should be unpacked to / (and I do mean / ), allowing you to use insmod to load the fuse.ko module (via its full absolute path, because Kobo's allergic to modutils).

These were built straight from the Linux kernel sources made available by Kobo, with a GCC 4.9 TC (in a vague attempt to match Kobo's current TC, which, it turns out, they're not actually using for kernels. Oh, well. ).
Attached Files
File Type: gz FUSE-Kobo-Mk5-H2O.tar.gz (40.4 KB, 376 views)
File Type: gz FUSE-Kobo-Mk7-Forma.tar.gz (53.7 KB, 395 views)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-25-2019 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:47 PM   #67
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
@NiLuJe just got a clara hd. so pleased to find you here too.

hi to all the other devs. I've been gathering info today in prep for arrival
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:22 PM   #68
momijizukamori
momijizukamori began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch (rooted), Kobo Glo
Poking my head in mostly so hopefully it shows up in search for other people - I got the package installed on a Kobo Glo (FW 4.19.14123) without it breaking anything obvious, and while I haven't tested everything (and, uh, probably won't), the python3 binary (which was my main motivator) looks good in a basic hello-world test! Thanks so much for this, and all your other Kobo packages.
momijizukamori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:55 PM   #69
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yeah, there isn't really anything to break, to be honest, which is nice, for once ^^.

But do give me a shout if you find something wonky .
Old 03-05-2020, 09:28 AM   #70
momijizukamori
momijizukamori began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch (rooted), Kobo Glo
Will do! Also if you've got any testing scripts I can run, I'm happy to do so, I'm just crap at writing tests myself - I spent like an hour last night trying to figure out why I wasn't getting any output from my py3 test before realizing relative path for output = the test messages were printing somewhere off hidden in root, probably. Absolute paths solved the problem, heh.
momijizukamori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:18 AM   #71
NiLuJe
BLAM!

On that note, the bundled ZSH config moves root's HOME to a non-stupid location .
Old 03-18-2020, 12:14 PM   #72
chech
Enthusiast
chech began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura h2o
besoin de conseil pour aplication web

bonjour je cherche a utilisé une application basé sur un navigateur sur mon kobo h20 mon probléme est que le navigateur interne ne prend pas en charge localstorage du coup je ne peut pas utilisé l application je suppose que la boutique kobo utilise une sorte de localstorage pour les preferences j ai essayé plein de truc sans trop reussir kvncviewer m affiche un demi ecran pendant 30 seconde je suppose qu l on peut modifié l adresse de lien pour kobo il s agit d un reseau local sur un bateau et d un aplication qui permet de reporté les données de l ordinaateur de bord le tout open source j ai reussi a modifié une appli en sessionstorage et cela fonctionne moyenement n etant pas developpeur pourriez vous m expliqué si vous avez une idée merci beaucoup

Last edited by chech; 03-18-2020 at 12:35 PM.
chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:15 PM   #73
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chech View Post
bonjour je cherche a utilisé une application basé sur un navigateur sur mon kobo h20 mon probléme est que le navigateur interne ne prend pas en charge localstorage du coup je ne peut pas utilisé l application je suppose que la boutique kobo utilise une sorte de localstorage pour les preferences j ai essayé plein de truc sans trop reussir kvncviewer m affiche un demi ecran pendant 30 seconde je suppose qu l on peut modifié l adresse de lien pour kobo il s agit d un reseau local sur un bateau et d un aplication qui permet de reporté les données de l ordinaateur de bord le tout open source j ai reussi a modifié une appli en sessionstorage et cela fonctionne moyenement n etant pas developpeur pourriez vous m expliqué si vous avez une idée merci beaucoup
English please.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:36 PM   #74
chech
Enthusiast
chech began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura h2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
English please.

hello i'm looking for a use a browser-based application on my kobo h20 my problem is that the internal browser does not support localstorage suddenly i can't be used the application i guess the kobo store uses some kind of localstorage to preferences I tried a lot of things without succeeding too much kvncviewer m displays a half screen for 30 seconds I guess we can change the link address for kobo it is a local network on a boat and an application which allows to postpone the data of the on-board computer all open source I have successfully modified an application in sessionstorage and it works moderately not being a developer you explained if you have an idea thank you very much
chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 02:06 PM   #75
NiLuJe
BLAM!

This has nothing to do with this, so, create a dedicated thread?

And try a search first, people may have already tried a few things with the browser (I wouldn't hold my breath, though, it's a pretty ancient webkit version).

(Also, punctuation helps. Walls of unreadable lowercase text won't help your cause.)

Tags
ssh, telnet, tools