Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-28-2006, 11:07 AM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
The Wardstone Chronicles by Joseph Delaney!

I have a recommendation for all the Fantasy readers out there.
The Books by Joseph Delaney are actually promoted for a younger group of readers, but I (almost 25) found them very interesting to read. They offer nice atmosphere and suspens without too much action. A relaxing and pleasant read despite the sinister topic and "dark" storyline.

The two books that are already availalbe (The Spook's Apprentice, The Spook's Curse) and the next volume that is supposed to get released in hardcover during the first 2 week of July are really worthwhile.
Unfortunately I couldn't find any of them in digital form anywhere (neither legal nor illegal) so that's a bit of bad news. I wanted to contact the Author about this, but couldn't find any way to do so.
He's a brit, so maybe somebody from england can find out more and point me to an email address or something. i'd like to aks him why he doesn't provide ebooks. He seems to be still rather unknown so maybe he could be persuaded to go digital...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:48 AM   #2
ath
Addict
ath doesn't litterath doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, Sony PRS-505, Kindle Paperwhite & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
I wanted to contact the Author about this, but couldn't find any way to do so.
The usual way is to write care of the publisher, perhaps with cover letter.
ath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2006, 12:38 PM   #3
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

I just sent an email tot he publisher...let's see what happens.
ut i'm not optimistic.
Publishers vs. ebooks...
Old 06-30-2006, 04:17 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Couldn't even find the p-book on Amazon! Seems to be a rare piece of literature

Quote:
I have a recommendation for all the Fantasy readers out there.
The Books by Joseph Delaney are actually promoted for a younger group of readers, but I (almost 25) found them very interesting to read. They offer nice atmosphere and suspens without too much action. A relaxing and pleasant read despite the sinister topic and "dark" storyline.

The two books that are already availalbe (The Spook's Apprentice, The Spook's Curse) and the next volume that is supposed to get released in hardcover during the first 2 week of July are really worthwhile.
Unfortunately I couldn't find any of them in digital form anywhere (neither legal nor illegal) so that's a bit of bad news. I wanted to contact the Author about this, but couldn't find any way to do so.
He's a brit, so maybe somebody from england can find out more and point me to an email address or something. i'd like to aks him why he doesn't provide ebooks. He seems to be still rather unknown so maybe he could be persuaded to go digital...
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:23 AM   #5
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

what? I ordered both volumes from amazon.de
they were7are available there in english...
Advert
Old 06-30-2006, 10:24 AM   #6
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASI...042548-7764861
Old 06-30-2006, 10:43 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
what? I ordered both volumes from amazon.de
they were7are available there in english...
That's why I couldn't find it... Amazon.com doesn't list it as Wardstone Chronicles: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/009...212949?ie=UTF8
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote