Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-01-2008, 11:02 PM   #1
eric888
eric888 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Kindle - University Study

Hi Everyone,

I am currently in a marketing research class at University and have been assigned a survey for the Amazon Kindle ebook reader. It would be greatly appreciated if you could take a few minutes and fill out the survey. Please post any questions if you have them. Thanks,

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...4wvSChyA_3d_3d
eric888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:18 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I always wonder how useful these kinds of surveys are without a "why" or "why not" option.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2008, 01:30 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I gotta say... this survey got a little monontonous with the many variations on price/features etc question. They were not differentiated enough and there were just to many of them.

It would be maybe better to do a... how do your rank these in importance.. price, memory, battery, navigation, screen type, etc.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #4
eric888
eric888 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks for everyone's feedback. Oddly enough the number of iterations of the product is determined by a computer. The technique is called conjoint analysis, and those are the fewest number of options possible to satisfy statistical analysis.

Thanks to everyone who has filled this out so far. Its very difficult to get survey respondents for university classes as we don't have the financial resources to offer any incentives for filling it out. Thanks to everyone who took the time!
eric888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:43 PM   #5
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I'm sorry to be so critical but I don't find the feature sets to be very relevant. I wouldn't buy a reader that didn't have a slot for a memory card so the on-board memory isn't that important. You did not specify the screen type. Are we to assume e-ink? There isn't a 7" e-ink option. Besides, the most important features to most people are things like format support, content availability, content organization, search functions, annotation, dictionary lookup, user-replaceable battery, user-loadable fonts and variable font sizes. If it doesn't have the features I want, I don't care if it's $100 or $500. I would say the biggest deciding factor for most folks is content. If I can't buy the books I want at the price I want then I don't care if the device can walk on water. Another odd thing was the lack of options for occupation. I think you're going to get a lot of "other".

Anyway, I hope it goes well for you and you get a great grade.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2008, 07:34 PM   #6
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Admittedly most of my answers were "neither likely or unlikely" because for me its all about content (availability/pricing), ease of use and reading comfort.

Last edited by Boston; 12-02-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote