Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
HTML Meta tag for cover image URL?

To save me manually entering in data every time I do a revision (and hence mistakes!), I put all the various meta data fields into my HTML for our eBooks.

Unfortunately I cannot as yet seem to find a field that'll let me set the URL for Calibre to use for the cover image.

eg, I try the two below without any success - does Calibre even have a meta tag that it reads for the cover image?

Quote:
<meta name="title" content="Before the Dawn" />
<meta name="series" content="Tree of Life" />
<meta name="cover_url" content="/home/pld/tol-before-the-dawn.png" />
<meta name="cover" content="/home/pld/tol-before-the-dawn.png" />
<meta name="generator" content="http://www.nongnu.org/elyxer/"/>
<meta name="create-date" content="2012-01-28"/>
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no way to specify cover from an html file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #3
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hello Kovidgoyal,

Okay, would I be able to manipulate the python source to add in such a facility? eg, somewhere in /usr/lib/calibre/calibre/ebooks ... html ?
Old 01-28-2012, 11:55 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

metadata/html.py
Old 01-29-2012, 12:12 AM   #5
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek

Thank you - I sincerely appreciate that information.

If I manage to make it work correctly - would you like me to submit a feature-patch submission?
Advert
Old 01-29-2012, 12:15 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Sure.