Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-13-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
cannot post or quote

Can somebody tell me why I cannot quote anyone I wish to respond to here. When I do and click on send or preview post, the only thing there is the quote, everything I have typed has gone poof and it's getting really frustrating. I cannot even post, seems most of my post disapears as well. Now I am trying this through IE as well and it's still doing the same thing. Firefox I guess is not at fault if IE is doing the same. HELP, can't do much on this board with this problem and it's getting really frustrating.

Well this one seems to go through, now that I did a cariage return will see if this last sentence works as well. Okay someone know what is going on since this will send. Natch I cannot find the connect wiki, I have the regular wiki and i have bookdesigns, have a direct link that I could save, thanks.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings View Post
Can somebody tell me why I cannot quote anyone I wish to respond to here. When I do and click on send or preview post, the only thing there is the quote, everything I have typed has gone poof and it's getting really frustrating. I cannot even post, seems most of my post disapears as well. Now I am trying this through IE as well and it's still doing the same thing. Firefox I guess is not at fault if IE is doing the same. HELP, can't do much on this board with this problem and it's getting really frustrating.

Well this one seems to go through, now that I did a cariage return will see if this last sentence works as well. Okay someone know what is going on since this will send. Natch I cannot find the connect wiki, I have the regular wiki and i have bookdesigns, have a direct link that I could save, thanks.
Turned something off in my controls for posting and see if that makes a difference
Advert
Old 07-13-2007, 07:52 PM   #3
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Guess I figured it out....... guess that is a good thing. But I won't count my chickens just yet. My apologies if I am using this for a test page, don't know where else I can do so.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:53 PM   #4
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
What did you turn off in your controls to get things to work? I've been having this same problem since the site was updated.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:54 AM   #5
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

Device: HTC G1 Android FBReader
See here.
mogui is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2007, 01:15 AM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Natch I cannot find the connect wiki....
Oh! No there isn't a Connect Wiki -- not that I know about anyway. I was talking about the MobileRead wiki, sorry for the miss-communication.

I'm glad that you seem to've gotten your posting issue worked out, I hope it holds.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:35 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Seems the new WYSIWYG editor is a problem. I turned it on yesterday to see if that was it and today I found out it was.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:57 AM   #8
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel View Post
What did you turn off in your controls to get things to work? I've been having this same problem since the site was updated.
Went into User CP, edit options miscellaneous option, changed *enhanced interface* to the Standard Editor*..... that seems to have nipped the problem in the bud.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:58 AM   #9
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Oh! No there isn't a Connect Wiki -- not that I know about anyway. I was talking about the MobileRead wiki, sorry for the miss-communication.

I'm glad that you seem to've gotten your posting issue worked out, I hope it holds.
it seems to be working fine now NaTch, thanks...... okay well i know how to get to the wiki <G>
Old 07-14-2007, 09:17 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
it seems to be working fine now NaTch, thanks...... okay well i know how to get to the wiki <G>
Nobody but NaTch is supposed to know how to get to the wiki.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:21 AM   #11
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Nobody but NaTch is supposed to know how to get to the wiki.
Well that is okay even getting there is a struggle for me, LMAO.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:23 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Well that is okay even getting there is a struggle for me, LMAO.
Anyway, glad to have you back.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:30 AM   #13
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Thank you JSWolf.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:28 AM   #14
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Anyway, glad to have you back.
I'll second that, even if I did let you in on the apparently top secret "how to get to the wiki" thing, imagine my surprise! :surprised
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:33 AM   #15
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

LOL, now you guys are getting silly
Thanks NatCh.
Hey and if you want to call me *lost in space* feel free cause it's true