Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
Calibre and TOC with images

Hi there,

I've put images at the beginning of each chapter rather than the text in a book I'm formatting and I was wondering if there's a way to code the html so that Calibre will create a TOC from it. I can do it if there is text using paragraphs tags a class for "chapter" but not sure what to do when there's no text.

Anyone do this before?

Thanks!
David
davidhburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can insert a hidden text based toc and have calibre use that.

Just wrap your toc in a <div style="display:none"> tag like this

Code:
<div style="display:none">
</div>
that way it wont be visible, but calibre will still be able to use it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

Thanks!! And how do I mark each chapter? Keep the class=chapter attribute?
Old 11-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yes, basically make exactly the same sort of toc you would have if you were making a text based toc
Old 11-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #5
davidhburton
Addict

Awesome sauce! I'll try that. Thanks!!
Advert
Old 11-01-2010, 04:18 PM   #6
davidhburton
Addict

That doesn't seem to be working. I think I'm missing something. Any parameters when I used Calibre to output to epub/mobi that I need to be aware of?
Old 11-01-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

see http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...le-of-contents
Old 11-01-2010, 06:57 PM   #8
Guido Henkel
Enthusiast
Guido Henkel began at the beginning.

Device: mobi, epub, lit
Kovid,

Your "display: none" suggestion does not work properly. It creates the same problems I pointed out about the use of "visibility: hidden" in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=105047

These properties work when you create an ePub file but the TOC is not linked to the proper pages when building a MOBI file. It looks like you have a bug in there somewhere.
Guido Henkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:30 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

In that case open a ticket and attach a test case.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:16 AM   #10
Guido Henkel
Enthusiast
Guido Henkel began at the beginning.

Device: mobi, epub, lit
Okay, I have submitted a ticket with an example for you to review.
Guido Henkel is offline   Reply With Quote