Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #16
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Thank you so much!! I uninstalled the previous jailbreak and hacks and this one went flawlessly. USE_ALT_FONTS is working well, too. Happy dance!!
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #17
toddmp
toddmp doesn't littertoddmp doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW
amazing work. thanks so much for sticking with it.
toddmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #18
kim1406
Connoisseur
kim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: kindle paperwhite
Great news. Thank you for your hard work.
Just a small question, for those who already have the jailbreak with the bridge by "NiLuJe", do they need to install this too? as you're saying it is "the recommended jailbreak package" ?

thanks again..
kim1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #19
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim1406 View Post
Great news. Thank you for your hard work.
Just a small question, for those who already have the jailbreak with the bridge by "NiLuJe", do they need to install this too? as you're saying it is "the recommended jailbreak package" ?

thanks again..
You don't necessarily need to, but yes, I'd recommend to just do it. If nothing else, you'll have the added safety of the "rescue pack". And it won't break anything that worked before. And of course, it's fun to watch
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #20
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Jailbreak failed. The info on the logtext reads everything OK until:

Installing rescue pack (diags)
FAILED
Failed to backup original diags passwords
JAILBREAK FAILED

I did use your newest package. Any idea what went wrong ?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #21
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
I don't have a PW but I still really want to say thanks!
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #22
dos1
20% cooler.
dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post

FAILED
JAILBREAK FAILED

Looks like jailbreak itself successed, only installing diags mode failed. You should be now able to install USB network and debug it with full access to the device
dos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #23
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Just a question:

Does downloading the file make me subject to the terms above? Or is it just installing the JB?
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #24
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
Just a question:

Does downloading the file make me subject to the terms above? Or is it just installing the JB?
Splitting hairs, eh?

You can download and examine the file all that you want. You just aren't allowed to publish some specific sort of information after you did so.

(Yes, I also hate all of this legal stuff, but that's just the way it is today.)
Old 12-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #25
iq161
iq161 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks

Wow, this is great news. Just tried it out and it works perfectly (even usbNetworking) Now I have to figure out, what other extensions are running safely.
Any plans about JBPatch?

Thanks a lot for your constant work, ixtab!
iq161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #26
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post

FAILED
JAILBREAK FAILED

This is indeed an unexpected failure. The relevant part is in line 332 of jailbreak.sh:

Code:
cp -f "$current" "$backup" && log "Backed up diags passwords to ${backup_relative} on diags partition" || fail "Failed to backup original diags passwords"
It seems like the cp command failed - but it really, really shouldn't, and I have no idea why it did. Does anybody have a clue?

@aceflor: do you keep getting this error every time? As said, you can re-install the jailbreak as many times as you want. Maybe the failure just miraculously goes away on the second attempt...
Old 12-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #27
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iq161 View Post
Any plans about JBPatch?
That is next on my TODO list. But hey, it's "one thing after the other", and despite my nickname, I'm only human.

Last edited by ixtab; 12-03-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #28
iq161
iq161 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
That is next on my TODO list. But hey, it's "one thing after the other", and despite my nickname, I'm only human.
I know, take your time. I was just surprised how easy and flawlessly the jailbreak worked as it was released today
iq161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #29
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
This is indeed an unexpected failure. The relevant part is in line 332 of jailbreak.sh:

Code:
cp -f "$current" "$backup" && log "Backed up diags passwords to ${backup_relative} on diags partition" || fail "Failed to backup original diags passwords"
It seems like the cp command failed - but it really, really shouldn't, and I have no idea why it did. Does anybody have a clue?

@aceflor: do you keep getting this error every time? As said, you can re-install the jailbreak as many times as you want. Maybe the failure just miraculously goes away on the second attempt...
Two possibilities there -

Is the copy being made to a partition with limited space? (since you don't report the error return code, we can't say if it is -ENOSPC or not).

The "log" command might have failed -
Similar types of problems (-ENOSPC) plus those associated with giving syslog-ng a chance to run enough to keep up with the messages.

Note: Complicated shell expressions, any part of which might fail, can be hell to debug.
It would be better to capture the return code(s) and then either continue or report them.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #30
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I'll report back tomorrow, too tired to try anything right now
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote