Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-12-2016, 08:15 PM   #1
Zvi
Zvi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Kobo data cleanup

When I copy a book from Calibre to my Kobo Glo HD the book is placed in an author folder (author\title.epub). In addition, files are being created in the Digital Editions folders (annotations\author\title, manifest\author\title, ...)

When I delete a book (using Calibre) from my Kobo, the only file deleted is the .epub file. The author folder remains and it is empty. All the other folders and files in the Digital Editions folder also remain.

This creates clutter.

The remaining files are useful, should you want to re-add the book to your Kobo, but I like to keep things clean.

Is there a way for Calibre to optionally delete all the retained files and the empty folders?
Zvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:33 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Within the KoboTouch driver, I don't think so. In most cases, the KoboTouch driver is replicating the behaviour of the device. When a book is deleted using the device, the folders aren't touched and nothing in the Digital Editions folder is touched. The only difference that I can think of is the driver should be removing empty folders when deleting the book file. That was working the last time I checked, but, I'll recheck tonight.

I have been considering adding more cleanup functions to my Kobo Utilities plugin. It already has a function to remove extra cover images. Cleaning up folders left when deleting a book using the device is something I have been thinking of. And extending that to cleaning the Digital Editions folder is reasonable.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote